Badger Ecology and Survey Techniques
A one-day introductory course on badgers, including a field visit and classroom sessions.
A one-day introductory course on badgers, including a field visit and classroom sessions. The course will cover relevant aspects of the background ecology and behaviour of badgers and examine the application and limitations of the various survey techniques. It will provide guideance on interpreting survey findings, classifying setts and evaluating diet of badgers. There will be an introduction to licensing and legislation.
Delegates will have opportunities to find and identify badger field signs, and understand how to distinguish between different types of badger setts during the field visit to a local site.
Who Should Attend?
Consultants, LPA Ecologists, conservation officers in SNCOs or NGOs
Beginner – Intermediate
- Knowledge of badger ecology
- Understanding of different types of badger surveys and their limitations
- Ability to find and identify badger field signs, and understand how to distinguish between different types of badger setts
- Understanding of badger legislation and licensing
- Introduction to licensing and legislation
Course fee includes refreshments through the day but lunch is not included.
CIEEM Member: £110 / Non-member: £180
Ecology, Workshop & Practical Skills
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!