Beginners Guide to Terrestrial Invertebrates
There are an estimated 40,000 species of invertebrates found in the UK however many of these groups are under-recorded and overlooked despite the important ecosystem services that they provide.
This free course aims to introduce learners to the terrestrial insect orders found in the UK and the morphological features used to differentiate them. This course equips learners with the basic knowledge needed to begin their journey into the further study of the UK’s terrestrial invertebrate fauna.
- 2 Module online course for adults, with a weekly time commitment of 3-5 hours per module.
- Access to study content, activities and auto-graded assignments through the FSC virtual learning platform.
- E-certificate upon course completion.
- Please note that this course is NOT a species identification course.
- Please email email@example.com if you have any questions.
This course is aimed at adults only and course attendees must be at least 18 years old in order to attend.
What topics are covered in this course?
TIN101: Invertebrate Taxonomy
- An Introduction to Invertebrate Taxonomy
- The Living Kingdoms
- Class Systems
- Commonly Encountered Terrestrial Invertebrate groups
TIN102: British Insect Orders
- Subclasses and Non-insect Hexapods
- The True Insect Orders
Please refer to our website for further information and to get signed up to this free course.
How to Apply
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
Biodiversity, Biology, Conservation, Ecology, Nature & Wildlife
Online, United Kingdom