Have you ever wondered what makes up the bright green carpets on rocks and trees? If you take a closer look, a diverse and prehistoric world is revealed. With over half of all European Bryophyte species present in the UK there is so much to explore!
The word bryophyte is the collective term for mosses, liverworts and hornworts. This course looks at their biology, ecology and where you can find them. The course is at an introductory level and is a great place to start for those taking their first steps into the world of Bryophytes.
This is a 4-week online course covering 4 topics, for which you will complete a variety of online resources and activities. Each topic is then concluded with an interactive Zoom workshop to complement the content.
Develop your interest and understanding of Fungi through these topics:
- What are Bryophytes?
- Bryophyte Biology
- Bryophyte Ecology
- Finding Bryophytes in their Natural Environment
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe which groups of organisms are classified as bryophytes and what makes them different from all other plants
- Understand the basics of bryophyte lifecycles and reproductive strategies and structures
- Describe bryophyte habitats and their environmental conditions
- Recognise groups of common bryophytes in their natural environments
- Share this knowledge with friends, family and fellow volunteers.
This is a training course from the FSC, including online course materials, expert tuition, and a flexible learning style. After attending this course, you may like to progress your learning within Bryophytes with further relevant FSC courses or branch out into other areas of flowering and non-flowering plants. The FSC offers both online and in person courses, so you can choose the learning style that suits you best.
Please refer to our website for more information.
How to Apply
To find out more and to book click here
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
9th February 2022 at 10:00am
Field Studies Council
Biodiversity, Biology, Conservation, Ecology, Environment, Nature & Wildlife
Online, United Kingdom