Ecological Report Writing
A one-day course on how to produce good quality ecological reports, for species and habitat surveys and Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEAs), following CIEEM’s ‘Guidelines for Ecological Report Writing’
A one-day course on how to produce good quality ecological reports, following CIEEM’s ‘Guidelines for Ecological Report Writing’ (part of the Technical Guidance Series). The course will include workshops, group discussions, case studies and powerpoint presentations, focusing on the following topics:
- Why high quality ecological reports are important and the consequences of poor quality reports
- Challenges faced in producing ecological reports
- Different types of ecological report, their purposes and target audiences
- Generic guidance on report structure and content
- Proportionality and ‘fit for purpose’
- Avoiding common pitfalls
- Tips on writing good reports
Please note: the focus of the course will be on ‘Species and Habitat Survey Reports’ and ‘Preliminary Ecological Appraisals (PEAs)’. Guidance on presenting outcomes of Ecological Impact Assessments is covered by the ‘Report Writing for Ecological Impact Assessment’ course.
Who Should Attend?
Those writing ecology reports (particularly consultants) and those reviewing reports written by others (particularly Local authority ecologists and Conservation officers within SNCOs or NGOs).
Participants should ideally have some experience of producing or reviewing professional reports
- Identify poor quality reporting and the subsequent issues and problems that may arise as a result;
- Explain why high quality ecological reports are important
- Apply generic guidance so that structure and content are sufficient to meet the aims and objectives of a standard survey report or a PEA;
- Differentiate between different types of ecological report
- Avoid common pitfalls when preparing ecological reports
How to Apply
To book your place on this course:
- Call: 01962 868626
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visit the CIEEM website
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
24th January 2018 at 10:00am
CIEEM Member: £170 | Non-Member: £220
Biodiversity, Ecology, Environment, Nature & Wildlife, Research, Sustainability
Leeds, United Kingdom