Explore the Shore Teachers and Leaders
Enhance your teaching skills on the sea shore. This course is an introductory outdoor course for teachers and leaders which is full of practical advice on leading activities with children on the beach.
On the Exploring the Shore course you will learn:
- How to run beach activities safely including what to include in a beach kit, key points for risk assessment, preparing for poor weather and setting boundaries.
- Practical activity ideas for exploring a seashore habitat with primary school aged children
- An overview of health and safety considerations when leading activities with groups of children on the beach
- How to identify common seashore life
- Ideas for low cost, simple activities and games to use with children on the beach
The whole course will be taught with a mixture of practical activities and group discussion.
Is this course for me?
This course is suitable for teachers and group leaders and who want to build their confidence using the beach with groups of primary school aged children.
When and where?
Thursday 1 March 2018 – 3pm – 5:30pm
Please arrive 10 minutes before the course is due to start
We will be meeting at:
Beach Road Car Park,
Marine Parade East,
Parking charges apply: every day between 10am and 6pm. 90p per hour for cars. Please note the carpark is locked at 9pm
What do I need to bring?
- Cash for the car park
- Warm clothing, including a waterproof layer
- Sturdy footwear suitable for uneven ground
- Refreshments if you need them, cafes are available on the sea front
How to Apply
Booking is essential, please book through our website
If you have any questions please email email@example.com or call 01489 774400
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
1st March 2018 at 3:00pm
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust
Education, Environment, Nature & Wildlife
Lee on Solent, United Kingdom