Field Ecology of Garden Birds in Bristol
This introductory bird course provides a gentle introduction, covering aspects of common bird biology, ecology and behaviour.
An engaging course to introduce novices to our feathered neighbours in nature; learners will appreciate the basic biology of a bird and how that model has been illimitably adapted!
Even in an urban environment the variety of species and their distinctive behaviours can be observed and better understood under the guidance of an engaging, experienced expert in the field.
There will be ample time to explore your surrounding environment allowing you to spot some species and learn valuable field observational skills as you start out your journey into the birding world. Be inspired and engaged by the expertise of our specialist tutor and enjoy being surrounded by likeminded individuals to share your interests.
If you’re interested in finding out more about birds but don’t feel quite ready for a specific field ID course, then this course is for you!
What will be covered during this course?
- An introduction to bird biology
- An introduction to bird ecology
- An overview of common garden birds encountered
- An overview of bird calls and songs (season dependent)
- Please note that this course is NOT a species identification course
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Describe basic bird taxonomy, anatomy, and morphology
- Understand the basics of bird life cycles and behaviour
- Recognise groups of common birds and how they are adapted to their habitat in behaviour and morphology
- Identify several species of commonly encountered birds
- Share this knowledge with friends, family, and fellow volunteers
This is a place-based training course from FSC, including a balance of classroom-led learning to impart important knowledge and irreplaceable hands-on outdoor learning opportunities to give individuals skills and confidence.
Please refer to our website for more information.
How to Apply
To find out more and to book, click here
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
13th February 2022 at 10:00am
Field Studies Council
Biodiversity, Biology, Conservation, Ecology, Nature & Wildlife
Avon Wildlife Trust – Grow Wilder, 181 Frenchay Park Rd, Bristol, United Kingdom