Kaleidoscope Pro with Wildlife Acoustics
Target Audience: Ecological Consultants – Moderate to Advanced.
“Fantastic introduction to Kaleidoscope Pro. The course is run at a great pace and Paul makes it both a useful and enjoyable training event.” Course Participant, 2017.
A one day course aimed at ecological consultants. The Wildlife Acoustics Kaleidoscope Pro course will introduce participants to Kaleidoscope Pro, and its ability to analyse large data sets. The course will focus on both the free and full versions of the software and its application within the profession. The course will be led by Wildlife Acoustics’ Paul Howden-Leach, an expert in Kaleidoscope Pro. All profits from the course will go to the Bat Conservation Trust.
Course content includes:
- Understanding bat echolocations – Physics of sound.
- Principals of bat detectors, including differences in technology relating to zero crossing, full spectrum, heterodyne and time expansion.
- How to use the free Kaleidoscope viewer, file converter and noise scrubber.
- Dealing with large data sets using Kaleidoscope pro auto ID software.
- Principals of cluster analysis within Kaleidoscope and its applications.
- Exporting the results.
This will be a classroom based course, however equipment will be used to demonstrate key concepts.
Prior Knowledge: A basic understanding of bat identification is recommended although not essential.
Equipment: All participants must bring a laptop with Kaleidoscope Pro installed (https://www.wildlifeacoustics.com/products/kaleidoscope-software-ultrasonic/download). A training licence key will be given out on the course to activate the full version of the licence for a two week period. Participants can bring examples of their own data; however this is not essential as data will be provided.
How to Apply
For more information, phone 020 7820 7169 or email: email@example.com
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
29th October 2018 at 9:30am
Bat Conservation Trust
Edinburgh University, Edinburgh, United Kingdom