Management of Chalk Rivers
Our Management of chalk rivers course is a 1 day informative and practical introduction to the ecology and management of chalk river habitats including classroom sessions, practical demonstrations and a field visit to two chalk river sites. You will learn about:
- The ecology of chalk rivers
- Key wildlife species of the chalk river environment
- Management issues and techniques
- Visit examples of restoration techniques used by the Wildlife Trust in past projects.
The site visits will include the Itchen Navigation and Winnall Moors where we will review and discuss various aspects of chalk river management and enhancement including:
- Bank stabilisation
- Dog dips
- Channel restoration techniques
- Fisheries management.
By the end of the course you will have gained knowledge of the ecology and importance of chalk rivers, and will recognise the management or restoration techniques that can be used to tackle particular issues.
Is this course for me?
This course is designed for individuals and organisations like consultants, conservation workers, landowners and ecologists who are interested in, are responsible for or have activities around chalk rivers and want to understand more about their management.
When and where?
Thursday 26 April 2018 – 9.30am to 5.30pm
Shawford Parish Hall
What do I need to bring?
- Outdoor clothing appropriate to the weather on the day
- Sturdy, comfortable footwear, preferably wellies
- Protective equipment (i.e. hat / sunscreen)
- Packed lunch and refreshments
Tea, coffee, squash and biscuits will be provided during the indoor session.
Ali Morse – Water Policy and Catchment Technical Specialist
Ben Rushbrook – Senior Ecologist
How to Apply
Booking is essential please book through our website
If you have any questions please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01489 774400
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
26th April 2018 at 9:30am
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust
Ecology, Environment, Nature & Wildlife
Shawford, Winchester, United Kingdom