Paediatric Outdoor First aid (L3)
Earn a Level 3 Award in both Outdoor First Aid (RQF) AND Paediatric First Aid (RQF) in a single 2 day session. QNUK is the issuing organisation.
Our tutor, Adrian Goodhand, will be covering a multitude of topics to ensure that you are fully qualified at the end of this course. The units of assessment are as follows:
Outdoor 1st Aid:
- Roles and responsibilities of 1st aiders
- manage an incident
- provide 1st aid to casualty that is unresponsive and not breathing as well as unresponsive and is breathing.
- Mange a casualty who is choking
- What to do when a casualty is bleeding externally
- Implement 1st aid to a casulaty in shock
- provide 1st aid to a casualty immersed in water.
Paediatric 1st Aid:
- Roles and responsibilities of paediatric first aider
- assess an emergency situation
- provide first aid to an infant and a child who is unresponsive and breathing normally and to those who are unresponsive and not breathing normally
- Manage an infant and a child who is choking
- What to do when an infant and a child in bleeding externally
- Implement 1st aid to an infant and a child suffering from shock
- Understand how to administer 1st aid to infants and children with bites, stings and minor injuries
You will learn what to do when a casualty, whether adult, child or infant suffers from the following:
- Suspected fracture
- back, neck or head injuries
- issues effecting eyes, ears & nose
- an acute medical condition or sudden illness
- experiencing the effects of extreme heat or cold
- an electric shock
- victims of burns and scalds
Tutor – Adrian Goodhand
Adrian has been involved with ecology and species conservation through surveys, research and education for over 20 years. He is a Forest School level 3 practitioner since 2010 and trainer since 2013.
Adrian is a Tutor for Forest School training for a number of organisations. He is a member of the Forest School Trainers Network and the Forest School Association. He is the Dorset representative for the Forest School Association South West affiliated group https://forestschoolswss.wordpress.com/In addition he has the following qualifications:
- Trainer Assessor for RLSS
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification
- Swimming Teachers Association First Aid trainer
- BSAC Snorkel Instructor
- Qualified swimming teacher
- Bikeability instructor
- Various additional outdoor qualifications.
How to Apply
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
12th September 2019 at 9:00am
members £195, non-members £207
Surrey Wildlife Trust
Education, Workshop & Practical Skills
Nower Wood Educational Nature Reserve, United Kingdom