Photography Workshop: Landscapes
Are you sometimes disappointed with your landscape photos? Do your images fail to capture the feel and beauty of the scene as you remember it? This class will teach you the basic techniques for improving your landscape photography including composition rules, when to get the best light and which filters and other equipment to use.
The day will be a mixture of class based presentations and practical work outdoors, in a woodland setting, putting the theory into practice. Your tutor, Vanessa Lees is keen to pass on her enthusiasm and to help you develop your eye while inspiring you to reach new creative heights in your image-making.
- The Basic composition rules for landscape photography
- Quality and direction of light
- Camera settings for landscapes
- How to use polarising and graduated filters
We will start off in the classroom looking at composition rules, camera settings and tips for getting the best out of your photographs before venturing outdoors. The tutor will take you on a walk through the woods where we will look for the best vantage points to capture stunning woodland scenes and be on hand to answer your questions, offer advice and discuss your images with you throughout the day. At the end of the day you’ll return to the classroom to review and discuss your images as a group.
- All cameras welcome but a DSLR, Bridge or mirrorless camera that lets you set shutter speed and aperture will be advantageous.
- Fully charged battery and a spare if you have one
- A blank memory card
- Your camera manual – if you can find it!
- A tripod
- A circular polarising filter if you have one.
- A medium or large ziplock bag and an elastic band
- Suitable clothing for the weather conditions on the day. We will be outdoors for at least 3 hours.
- A spare memory card
- Neutral Density filter
- Shutter release cable / remote shutter release.
- Wide angle lens or any addition lens you want to try out on the day
- Black bin bag/kneeling mat
How to Apply
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
29th September 2018 at 10:00am
members £50, non-members £62
Surrey Wildlife Trust
Workshop & Practical Skills
Nower Wood Educational Nature Reserve, United Kingdom