Surveying for Bats
This course will give you the knowledge and skills to plan professional bat surveys, as well as learning practical survey skills and field sign identification. Over two days you will cover survey objectives, desktop and scoping surveys, health and safety, identifying appropriate survey techniques, survey skills, field signs, architectural terms and assessment of roosts.
Course Content Includes:
- Identifying survey objectives
- Planning surveys, including desktop and scoping surveys
- Resource planning and costings
- Health and safety, including risk assessments
- Identifying appropriate survey techniques to meet survey objectives
- Survey skills and field signs, including droppings
- Build construction and architectural terms
- Case studies and practical roost visits
Prior knowledge: Designed as a follow-up to Bat Ecology and Conservation and Using Bat Detectors. If you are unsure about whether this course is the appropriate level, please contact the training team at BCT.
£5 for BCT members (Join today to receive your discount!)
A 10% discount is available for bookings of three or more places. This can be multiple places on the same course or booking three or more separate courses. Multiple places must be booked at the same time to receive the discount.
How to Apply
Phone 020 7820 7169
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
29th May 2018 at 9:30am
Bat Conservation Trust
Biodiversity, Ecology, Nature & Wildlife
Nettlecombe Court, Taunton Somerset, United Kingdom