Surveying for Bats
This course will give you the knowledge and skills to plan professional bat surveys, as well as learning practical survey skills and field sign identification. Over two days you will cover survey objectives, desktop and scoping surveys, health and safety, identifying appropriate survey techniques, survey skills, field signs, architectural terms and assessment of roosts.
Course content includes:
- Identifying survey objectives
- Planning surveys, including desktop and scoping surveys
- Resource planning and costings
- Health and safety, including risk assessments
- Identifying appropriate survey techniques to meet survey objectives
- Survey skills and field signs, including droppings
- Building, construction and architectural terms
- Case studies and practical roost visits
Prior knowledge: Designed as a follow up to Bat Ecology and Conservation and Using Bat Detectors. If you are unsure about whether this course is the appropriate level, please contact the training team at BCT.
Cost: £340 – non-residential, £398 – residential
Discounts: £5 for BCT members, 10% multi-buy discount if booking 3 or more course places
How to Apply
For more information, visit our website
Or contact our training team on: 020 7820 7169 – email@example.com
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
16th May 2019 at 9:30am
Bat Conservation Trust
Conservation, Ecology, Nature & Wildlife
Nettlecombe Court, Williton, Somerset, United Kingdom