Water Vole Ecology and Surveys
A one-day introductory course on water voles, including a field visit and classroom sessions. The course will cover relevant aspects of the background ecology of water voles and appropriate field survey techniques, following the new water vole survey guidance (the Water Vole Mitigation Handbook).
This course is aimed at beginners and those with some previous experience. Attendance on this course is strongly recommended as preparation for our two intermediate – advanced level courses on Water Vole Mitigation and Water Vole Live Trapping, Care and Restoration.
See ‘Related Training Events’ below for further details of these training courses. Who Should Attend?
Consultants, LPA Ecologists, conservation officers in SNCOs or NGOs
Beginner – Intermediate
- Knowledge of water vole ecology
- Understanding of different types of water vole surveys and the relevant approach to each
- Ability to find and identify field signs, particularly latrines, feeding remains and burrows
- Ability to distinguish water vole field signs from those of other species
- Ability to assess habitat suitability for water voles
Course fee includes refreshments throughout each day but lunch is not included.
CIEEM Member: £110 / Non-member: £180
Ecology, Workshop & Practical Skills
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!