Wild Beach Leader Training
Wild Beach is a Forest School approach to learning on the beach. Take part in a Wild Beach learning experience with inspiring practical activities and learn about the approach to risk management for leading groups of children and adults on coastal trips.
During the Wild Beach training day you will learn:
- essential health and safety considerations for leading groups on coastal trips
- ideas for education activities linking to the National Curriculum or uniformed group badges
- games and fun ideas for playing, exploring and scavenging on the beach
- simple coastal bushcraft demonstrations.
The course will be outside all day on the shingle beach a short walk from the meeting spot, there will be public toilets close by.
You will learn some new activities and games using simple coastal equipment available from the Beach Loans Kits (available to schools and groups to loan from HIWWT for running their own coast visits with children and young people).
Is this course for me?
Open to all adults, particularly aimed at teachers and group leaders of children and young people interested in organising group visits to the coast but also great for parents, carers and grandparents looking for ideas for beach walks with their children.
When and where?
Monday 3rd September 2018 – 10am to 4pm
Please arrive 10 minutes before the course is due to start
Lee on Solent beach
Meet and park opposite the Old Ship, 54 Marine Parade E, Lee-on-the-Solent, PO13 9BW
What do I need to bring?
- Cash for the car park
- Sun hat, sun cream and sun glasses if warm weather
- Warm layers (It is often colder at the coast than you might expect!) and waterproofs if changeable weather
- Sturdy, comfortable footware and footware suitable for rockpooling (such as wellies, crocs or strapped sandals)
- Packed lunch, cold drink and an extra water bottle if hot weather
Hot drinks and biscuits will be provided
Dawn O’Malley – Training and Outreach Officer
Dawn is a Forest School & Wild Beach Leader, adult course trainer, assessor and quality assurer for Forest School training with the Trust. Dawn supports the education team across Hampshire and the Isle of Wight, developing programmes and initiatives to drive forwards the education strategy for the largest wildlife conservation charity in the two counties.
How to Apply
Booking is essential for this course for details and booking please see our website or contact us.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when enrolling in this Course!
3rd September 2018 at 10:00am
Hampshire & Isle of Wight Wildlife Trust
Education, Nature & Wildlife, Workshop & Practical Skills
Lee on Solent, Hampshire, United Kingdom