Asia Director of Development for Animals Asia
We are looking for an exceptional individual, a highly motivated and entrepreneurial fundraiser with at least 5 years’ experience of working in a similar organization at a senior and strategic level. The successful candidate will not only be able to demonstrate a track record of success within the area of high value giving, they will also need to demonstrate an understanding of and commitment to the core values of The Animals Asia Foundation.
Founded in 1998 by Jill Robinson, from her home in Hong Kong, Animals Asia promotes compassion and respect for all animals and works to bring about long-term change. We work to end the barbaric bear bile trade, which sees over 10,000 bears kept on bile farms in China, and, according to official figures, almost 1,000 suffering the same fate in Vietnam. Animals Asia has to date, rescued over 600 bears, caring for them at our award-winning bear sanctuaries in China and Vietnam.
Animals Asia also works to end the trade in dogs and cats for food in China and Vietnam, and lobbies to improve the welfare of companion animals, promote humane population management and prevent the cross-border export of “meat dogs” in Asia.
In addition, Animals Asia campaigns for an end to abusive animal practices in zoos and safari parks in Asia and works closely with governing authorities to improve animal management and increase awareness of the welfare needs of captive animals.
The Animals Asia Foundation is at a critical juncture in its development and has the opportunity to achieve one of its core goals within the next 5 years which is to end bear bile farming in Vietnam forever.
Primary Objective of the Position
As the Asia Director you will develop and oversee the Asia Fundraising strategy, secure and significantly increase funding for Animal Asia’s core areas of focus through developing our major giving income streams with corporations and institutions, events, trusts, and grants as well as high net worth individuals.
In addition to providing leadership to Hong Kong fundraising team, you will be expected to develop our China and Vietnam fundraising team and proposition, and work closely with the CEO and Leadership Team in all development and fundraising endeavours.
This role sits within the Fundraising and Communications directorate. As part of the leadership team, you will be able to demonstrate empathy – with an ability to win hearts and minds, whilst being a natural communicator and networker.
In addition, you be a natural leader who will be comfortable with running geographically and culturally diverse teams remotely.
- Develop and deliver the Fundraising strategy for the Asia Market
- Work with the Global fundraising team to deliver the Global target income
- Aid in support to CWD HK team with local outreach and events
- Manage all CRM data capture and processes for major giving, trust and corporate prospects
- Identify prospective individual and corporate donors and develop strategies to cultivate those relationships
- Establish a range of new income streams
- Work closely with CEO and Programmes to establish new relationships to deliver annual income targets
- Help to recruit and train China and Vietnam fundraising staff, and act as a bridge between these teams and the Global team
- Supervise the HK Fundraising team and collaborate with the Supporter Engagement team
- Manage the Hong Kong fundraising team to deliver annual target income
- Support and promote the activities of the organisation to internal and external constituencies.
- Build a pipeline of individual, corporate and institutional donors with giving capacity of US$50,000 and above
- Manage a wide portfolio of prospects across multiple territories
- Undertake any other reasonable tasks as required by the Global Fundraising and Communications Director.
- Ensure that inter-department and inter-personal relationships at the centre are positive, cohesive and contribute to the overall mission of Animals Asia
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with management in regard to work procedures, employee relations and procurement related concern.
- Contribute to the on-going review, development and implementation of changes to improve the productivity and efficiency of Animals Asia Foundation.
- Participate in staff training and performance and development appraisal process to assist in the achievement of Animals Asia Foundation objectives and mission
- Promote and advocate Animals Asia to the general public
- Follow established Animals Asia procedures and policies.
- Fluency in Mandarin
- Must have worked as a Fundraising Director / Head of Fundraising within the non-profit sector
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of managing diverse teams across multiple territories
- Strong people management skills
- Strong project management skills.
- Senior leadership experience
- Excellent people leaderships skills and be able to motivate and encourage individuals to succeed in their career.
- Excellent relationship management abilities.
- High levels of CRM experience
How to Apply
Please send BY EMAIL ONLY a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: Karem Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV”. Please put “AnimalsAsia Asia Development Director” in the email subject line.
The deadline for applications is Sunday July 21st, 2019
This is a rolling process; relevant applications will be evaluated as they arrive.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Competitive salary and local benefit package
Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Not specified, apply soon.