Community Engagement Volunteer
Cheshire Wildlife Trust Cheshire Ad expires in 2 months Fixed Term, Permanent, Temporary Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior Part Time
Role Title: Community Engagement Volunteer
Team: Natural Futures Team
Working Base: Various venues in Cheshire
Purpose of the Role:
Do you enjoy working with people and engaging them to nature and wildlife? We have a range of volunteering opportunities working with a cross section of the community to deliver work connecting people to wildlife.
We have a variety of groups and opportunities to work with including:
- 16 – 25 year olds who are unemployed, helping them to gain skills for future employment through conservation volunteering. Help needed in Congleton and Warrington areas (minibus departs near Malpas each day).
- People who are suffering with or a risk of low level mental health illnesses to use nature as a therapy pathway to recovery in Northwich and Winsford region.
- Older people (50+) supporting and offering help during wildlife walks (both short and long) and days out including canal boat trips in the Malpas region.
- Visit some older people in their homes to discuss how they can access the Great Outdoors Malpas project.
- Helping to promote and sell out volunteer roles and activities by putting up posters and speaking to groups.
VOLUNTEER SPECIFICATION: We are looking for someone with the following qualities and abilities:
- Would need to be a lively outgoing person who is happy to talk to people.
- Must be reliable.
- Prospective volunteers must have their own transport to get to meet points.
- Provide information, encouragement and ensure people feel comfortable during the activity.
- A passion for wildlife and enthusiastic about conserving your local environment.
- Friendly and approachable nature.
- Ability to get along with a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you are interested in this volunteer role then please complete a volunteer form and email (along with your CV if you wish) to Beth Alvey (Contact details below)
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!