Conservation and Horticulture Tutor
Aspire-igen Wakefield £23,000 - 26,000 Ad expires in 2 weeks Permanent Graduate Full Time
The Aspire-Igen group is one of Yorkshire’s largest and leading providers of employability, training and guidance services. As a social enterprise we are committed to helping individuals, organisations and communities succeed through learning and work. We over 20 year’s experience of delivering government funded initiatives and contracts including National Careers Service, ESF NEET and the Study Programme.
Conservation and Horticulture Tutor (Full-time, permanent)
£26,000 Qualified, £23,000 Unqualified
Based in Wakefield
Full-time 37 hours per week.
We are seeking to appoint an exceptional, highly motivated and inspirational Tutor to teach Conservation and Horticulture to our Study Programme learners from our new Wakefield training centre.
We are looking for a hardworking and enthusiastic tutor who can work with 16-19 year old learners and ensure they remain engaged in learning and achieve their individually identified qualifications.
Aspire-igen is an organisation where the education of every young person is believed to be of equal value, it is, a fully inclusive Study Programme provider operating across Yorkshire and the Humber. We deliver highly personalised study programmes that are framed around each learner’s individual needs and career aspirations. Our staff are dedicated, very hard-working and believe that what we do is vital to improving life chances of the young people in the communities that we serve.
Challenge and accountability are central to what we do but nurturing good relationships and developing our staff is important to us too.
You will be part of our Learner Delivery Team reporting to a Centre Coordinator. You will be responsible for teaching and assessing from Entry to Level 2, leading to further training, vocational pathways and employment opportunities.
- Teaching Qualification (CTLLS, DTLLS, PGCE, CertEd, 7407) OR L5
- L3 qualification in Horticulture/Conservation
- Functional Skills L2 Maths & English
- Experience of working with young people aged 16-19
- Experience of working with young people with varying degrees of behaviour management needs and/or barriers to learning
- Occupational history and competence within the industry
- Full clean driving licence
- Assessor qualifications (D32/33, A1 award or Level 3 Certificate in assessing vocational achievement).
- Verifier Qualification (D34, IQA, V1).
- Currently valid D1 element of driving license, and able to drive a 12 seated minibus.Our Ofsted ‘Good’ provision is a strong based to build upon and we would love you to consider becoming part of our team and our journey to Outstanding.
If you would like to discuss the role, please contact Thomas Marsden in the first instance on either of the telephone numbers provided below.
Please complete our application form which can be downloaded from our website to the email address provided below.
A full job description and a complete list of our current vacancies are available on our website which you can visit by clicking ‘More Information’ below.
Closing Date: Friday 07 April 2017.
All positions are subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exemptions Order) 1975 and as such it will be necessary for a submission for an Enhanced Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service to check for any previous criminal convictions, cautions, warnings and reprimands.
Aspire-igen is an equal opportunities employer. We wish to encourage the recruitment of staff from under-represented groups to apply for the advertised positions. Aspire-igen will seek to recruit the best candidate for the job based on merit. The recruitment and selection process will ensure the identification of the person best suited to the job and Aspire-igen.
No agencies please.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!