Conservation Knowledge Officer
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to help deliver the Trust’s mission to save species from extinction by assisting the strategic development of the Conservation Knowledge department and supporting operational delivery of its training, learning, science and impact programmes.
Duties will include conducting desk-based research and analysis to help develop a strategy for training as part of Durrell’s Rewild our World strategy, managing the training monitoring & evaluation system, assisting with delivery of training and conservation education, help establish a young volunteer conservationists programme, and providing operational support across the Conservation Knowledge department.
- Strong organisational and time management skills, with structured and methodical approach to work and a clear focus on output.
- Excellent proven numeracy skills
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and a good writing style, with the ability to summarise and report technical information for a range of audiences.
- Strong inter-personal skills with an ability to work effectively with colleagues from different disciplines and backgrounds.
- Fluency in written and spoken English.
- A degree in a relevant discipline or equivalent experience in conservation or a related field.
- Experience of working in a field conservation project, particularly in a developing nation context.
- Experience of training professional conservationists and working within a training environment.
- Experience of working with young school-age conservationists and school groups in an environmental education setting.
- Experience in conducting desk-based research.
- A self-motivated team player, with the flexibility and initiative to maximise his/her contribution.
- A problem-solver, able to balance competing priorities and manage diverse workloads.
- Able to work effectively with colleagues in multiple locations.
- Strong commitment to conservation and passion for the natural world.
- Strong commitment to developing the skills, knowledge and behavioural qualities of conservationists from around the world
How to Apply
Please visit www.durrell.org/jobs for further details, a full job description and an application form.
To apply for this position please send your completed application form and CV with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, clearly indicating for which position you wish to apply for.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
Graduate, Mid Level, Postgraduate
Biodiversity, Conservation, Environment
Not specified, apply soon.