British Dragonfly Society Telford £21k per annum Ad expires in 7 days Permanent Entry Level, Graduate Full Time
The British Dragonfly Society wishes to appoint a Conservation Officer to work closely with BDS volunteers and with partners from a variety of organisations. The job will be full time (37 hrs/week)The Officer will be expected to attend some weekend events and take time off in lieu of such requirements.
Location: Currently the post is located at Natural England’s Telford Office.
Post to start: August / September 2017. Starting salary: £21000 per annum
Key duties include:
- Identifying dragonfly conservation projects, assisting in gaining funding, and management of the projects
- Preparing reports and publications as required, including editing the BDS annual magazine for recorders, Darter.
- Acting as Secretary of the Dragonfly Conservation Group and progressing actions on behalf of the Group
- Presenting dragonfly courses and other education activities
- Representing BDS at appropriate meetings and public events
- Responding to a range of queries from the media and the public
- Promoting BDS, including via social media and BDS website
- Excellent written & oral communication skills
- Computer literacy / familiarity with the use of Office-type software
- Experience in partnership/collaborative work
- Good time management skills and ability to work efficiently under own supervision
- Experience in producing high quality progress reports
- A keen interest in conservation and general issues related to wetland habitats
- Valid driving licence, prepared to use own car (standard mileage rate applies)
- Confidence, flexibility, initiative and ability to make decisions based on a compilation of differing views from partners/volunteers
- Degree in Environmental Sciences or a conservation related subject
- Experience in writing articles and/or press releases
- Knowledge of and an interest in dragonflies
- Previous experience in a conservation related role
- Experience of communication via social media
- More advanced computer skills (that might be relevant to managing a recording database, analysing data and/or preparing documents for publication)
Applications should include a covering letter and a full CV with the contact details of at least 2, preferably 3 referees. Your cover letter should highlight how your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for this post. You will be expected to give a short presentation, 5-10 minutes, on a subject of your choice, and you may bring presentation materials with you to your selection interview.
Further information and applications to the Chairman Mr Brian Walker at 49, Roman Way, WANTAGE, Oxfordshire, OX12 9YF
Please see telephone number & email address supplied below.
Closing date for applications: noon on Friday 30th June 2017
Interviews will take place on Friday 14th July
Mr Brian Walker firstname.lastname@example.org 01235 768707
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!