Conservation Programme Coordinator
Conservation Programme Coordinator, Regional (Full-Time/12 Months Fixed-Term Contract)
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and all across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
ZSL’s Conservation & Policy Department has an exciting opportunity for a Programme Coordinator to work with the Regional Programme Management team and other programme staff both in the UK and overseas (Africa and/or Asia) to ensure effective delivery of field programmes. The post will assist all aspects of the Programme including project development and oversight, fundraising, administrative support to overseas programme staff, and communications.
Main Duties & Responsibilities:
- The post holder will provide technical support to the programme management team on project design, implementation, management and monitoring and evaluation. This will include support on development of theories of change for projects, logical frameworks, and indicators.
- The post holder will support with coordination of the programme’s training activities, including logistics around the deployment of law enforcement training and contracting of training providers for overseas sites.
- The post holder will provide administrative support to the programme, including but not restricted to: preparation of monthly programme summary reports; updating the ZSL Projects Database; sourcing and procuring equipment and maintaining inventories; preparing and reviewing MoUs, contracts and agreements; and arranging travel requirements.
- The post holder will provide financial support to the programme, including but not restricted to: checking of receipts against expenses, checking expense allocations to grants, monitoring of spend and reconciling expenditure.
- The post holder supports the programme management team, and other programme staff in tracking project activities to ensure that deliverables are achieved according to the grant contract, work-plan and budget.
- The post holder will coordinate operational support from UK-based teams in other departments to ensure efficient and timely support to overseas teams from HR, finance, legal, communications, PR, health & safety and procurement etc.
- The post holder will work with other programme staff to produce communication and promotional materials and keep the ZSL website up to date.
- The post holder will contribute to and support on the identification of fundraising opportunities and the preparation of fundraising proposals.
- The post holder will support programme staff in the compilation of technical and financial reports to donors (and any ad hoc special reports) to satisfy ZSL or donor requirements.
Ideally the successful candidate will have:
- A degree in a relevant subject or equivalent level of work experience in a relevant field (Master’s degree desirable).
- Strong organisational, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience of technical and financial report writing.
- Experience of writing fundraising proposals.
- Financial management experience.
- Experience of supporting projects in Africa and/or Asia is highly desirable.
- Ability to communicate in French or any other language in addition to English is highly desirable.
- Skills in a relevant technical field are highly desirable e.g. GIS, R software, SMART, social science.
NB: A high degree of flexibility is essential in situations where planned tasks are superseded by unscheduled events that require priority.
Please note: The position will be based at ZSL’s offices in London and will involve some travel overseas. This role is a 12-month fixed term contract with the intention to extend beyond this period.
Benefit Package: This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more.
How to Apply
Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (two pages max, detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability). Click here to apply
If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 8th September 2019
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
£28,073 per annum (inclusive London Weighting) plus benefits
Graduate, Mid Level
Administration, Communication, Conservation, Ecology, Environment, Fundraising, Nature & Wildlife
London, Regents Park, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.