Crestwood Environmental Ltd. is a well-established multi-disciplinary company providing environmental planning and associated expertise (including EIA, landscape architecture, ecology, archaeology, arboriculture and environmental consultancy) to a wide variety of sectors and clients, and is proud to be a Chartered Environmentalist Employer Champion.
We are currently seeking a Consultant Ecologist to join our successful multi-disciplinary team.
Supported by a strong team of dedicated professionals and an ever-increasing client base plus impressive work stream, all the ingredients are there for the right person to join our company and build a successful career.
Location: Part-home-working and flexibility on location, but preferably located within the vicinity of West Midlands, London and Home Counties.
The role will require the undertaking of habitat (PEA, Phase 1 habitat surveys) and protected species survey work, report writing, desktop studies, working with sub-contractors and a variety of other important work areas.
In return, the Company can offer:
- A competitive and flexible remuneration package commensurate with the position;
- A commitment to facilitating a Personal Development Plan through training etc.;
- Payment of key professional subscription fees; and
- A fair TOIL and flexible leave arrangement.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate suitability in relation to several areas, including:
- Qualified to at least degree level in a relevant environmental subject;
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant practical ecology experience in ecology consultancy;
- Practical experience of Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and PEAR production;
- Good field identification skills (e.g. FISC Level 3+);
- Holding at least one protected species survey licence;
- Practical experience of undertaking great crested newt and bat surveys and protected species translocation schemes;
- Membership of relevant professional institutions (e.g. CIEEM, Society for the Environment);
- A good knowledge of the practical application of current wildlife policy and legislation;
- Familiarity with relevant Health and Safety at Work requirements;
- Good IT literacy (MS Office at least, ideally in GIS and Adobe apps also);
- Good proactive communication and organisation skills;
- Ability to produce concise, high quality, written work to managed timescales and budgets;
- Good commercial and customer care awareness; and
- Friendly, supportive, collaborative, practical ‘can do’ approach.
As the role requires working on projects around the UK, a full UK driving licence and ability and willingness to drive to project locations around the UK, sometimes with overnight stays, will be required.
How to Apply
Please send your CV’s along with an application form to the HR email below.
For an application form or to learn more please contact (in absolute confidence) Alyson Tunney (on 01902 229 563 or via HR@crestwoodenvironmental.co.uk or, for an informal chat about the role, please call Vincent Smith on 07545 651 257.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Crestwood Environmental Ltd
Conservation, Ecology, Environment, Nature & Wildlife
Flexibility, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
13th March 2021 at 12:01pm