Deputy Chief & Head of Enforcement
North Western Inshore Fisheries and Conservation Authority Carnforth, UK £30,758 to £41,025 (Local Government Scale 35-46) Ad expires in 1 week Permanent Mid Level Full Time
Manage NWIFCA enforcement. 10 Officers. National and regional inter-agency co-ordination. Based Carnforth. Report to CEO.
- Lead the team of IFCOs in delivering the Authority’s statutory duties under the Marine and Coastal Access Act 2009 and other relevant legislation reporting to the CEO
- Plan and manage stakeholder compliance with fisheries and environmental regulations
- Deliver the Authority’s conservation duty to enhance sustainable use of inshore fisheries throughout the district
- Use consistent risk based enforcement action and apply sanctions including prosecutions and court attendance as required in line with the Authority’s agreed policies to reduce illegal fishing activity;
- Keep up to date with national regulatory and compliance procedures
- Review, update and implement the risk based enforcement strategy as required
- Contribute to national compliance officer accreditation scheme and keep IFCOS up to date
- Increase compliance with byelaws, EC and national fisheries legislation by planning appropriate inspections of fisheries including vessels at sea and in port, gear at sea and on land, shore based fisheries and fish landings
- Assist the CEO in the development and implementation of corporate policies and procedures
- Manage and motivate the team of IFCOs
- Develop strong working relationships with partner agencies
- Utilise multi-agency management to assist delivery of effective regulation of fisheries
- Develop good relations with all marine stakeholders
- Carry out other duties as required by the Authority to deliver its statutory duties
For further details and to apply, click ‘More Information’ below.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!