Digital Officer, EU
Our vision is a world where animals are respected and protected. With offices in 15 countries and projects in more than 40 countries, we rescue individual animals, safeguard populations, preserve habitat, and advocate for a better future.
IFAW explores new ways to improve conditions for animals, people, and the place we call home—and we’ve been leading the way for over 50 years. The problems we confront are urgent, complicated, and resistant to change. Solving them requires fresh thinking and bold action. So we look at the issues from different angles, make unexpected connections, and challenge the way things are done. Partnering with local communities, NGOs, and governments around the globe, we create real-world solutions that make an immediate and lasting impact.
We see the world as it is, and we’re compelled to make it better.
We are currently in an exciting expansion period, opening a new European Communications and Marketing hub that aligns with the new Global strategy in brand marketing and communications.
Purpose of Role
IFAW EU is seeking an exceptionally organized, detail-oriented, and passionate problem solver to serve as Digital Officer. We are searching for an extraordinary individual who brings an abiding interest in the substance of IFAW’s work, intense organizational skills, strong writing ability, and the capacity to be a key player in the management of the operations of a non-profit organization.
The Digital Officer will be responsible for the development, planning and implementation of the online fundraising and online marketing strategy to achieve both revenue and lead generation targets as well as contribute to the organizational goals of building brand awareness, enhancing brand reputation and expanding audience engagement. Working under the direction of the Global Online Marketing Director, the Digital Officer will manage country specific initiatives and campaigns.
- Initiate and implement online fundraising campaigns to meet and/or exceed annual budgeted net income goals.
- Initiate and implement online acquisition and retention programs to meet and/or exceed annual lead acquisition goals.
- Manage all aspects of online campaigns (e.g. e-appeals, advocacy) from start to finish including creative development, implementation, evaluation and follow-up strategy; includes working with external vendors as required.
- Develop and cultivate new donor targets; generate prospects and engage leads.
- Collaborate with director to set annual KPIs and growth targets, forecasting against lead and revenue goals; provide weekly/monthly reporting against targets.
- Oversee online advertising budget (e.g. SEM, paid social), including the management of monthly spend per channel, scoping out areas to increase marketing spend efficiency, and defining the focus for testing, analysis and experimentation.
- Explore and test new types of online fundraising (e.g. Crowdfunding, Peer-to-peer) to aid in lead gen and online donations.
- Develop, implement and maintain a “best practices” SEO strategy in conjunction with marketing and engineering teams.
- Define and oversee the creative development of assets (e.g. ads, videos, animated gifs, content, text etc.) needed to support acquisition activities.
- Monitor, evaluate, and report on campaign and acquisition success against targets in collaboration with support from analytics team.
- Regularly test new and online opportunities with current and potential partners.
- Minimum of 5+ years hands-on online marketing and fundraising experience.
- Experience raising money online in multiple ways (e.g. newsletter, SEM, paid social, crowdfunding, peer-to-peer).
- Deep understanding of online marketing fundamentals (paid, earned, owned) and knowledge of how online marketing channels complement each other.
- Ability to analyze/synthesize complex data (e.g. acquisition costs, LTV) and utilize it to develop strategic initiatives; understanding of conversion funnels, attribution models, Google Analytics and other reporting tools.
- Comfortable working with creative teams to develop and produce effective campaigns as well as with product/engineering teams to optimize websites and landing pages.
- Understanding of conversion funnels, attribution models, Google Analytics and other reporting tools.
- Proven track record directing large scale email marketing campaigns inclusive of strategy development, list segmentation, A/B testing and translation, experience with email service providers, CRM and website content management all a must
- Proven track record planning, directing, optimizing and analyzing multi-channel online marketing campaigns from start to finish especially newsletters
- Experience with Salesforce and Direct Marketing segmentation database(s) and related tools.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications or other related fields or experience.
- Some domestic and international travel required.
- Fluency in English
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities will change from time to time to meet the needs of the department and our organization.
How to Apply
Please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: email@example.com.
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “IFAW Digital Officer EU” in the email subject line.
Deadline for applications: Sunday September 16th, 2018
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Competitive salary within sector, adjusted based on experience.
International Fund for Animal Welfare (IFAW)
The Hague, Netherlands
Not specified, apply soon.