Director of Conservation
Interviews will be held week beginning 22 January 2019
For over 50 years, the Scottish Wildlife Trust has worked with its members, partners and supporters in pursuit of its vision of healthy, resilient ecosystems across Scotland’s land and seas. The Trust successfully champions the cause of wildlife through policy and campaigning work, demonstrates best practice through practical conservation and innovative partnerships, and inspires people to take positive action through its education and engagement activities. The Trust manages a network of 120 wildlife reserves across Scotland and is a member of the UK-wide Wildlife Trusts movement.
We now have an exciting opportunity for an experienced and highly motivated individual to join our Senior Management Team to lead the development and implementation of activities that successfully deliver the vision, strategic goals and conservation outcomes of the Trust, to build capacity for the Trust’s programme of work on its network of 120 wildlife reserves and to develop partnerships that support the Trust’s conservation and knowledge and evidence work.
The ideal candidate will:
- demonstrate a sound understanding of Scottish, UK and European nature conservation policy and practice;
- have an appreciation of land use choices and management in Scotland;
- have excellent people leadership and management skills which support and enable others to achieve their best;
- be able to think strategically and translate plans into actions;
- operate collaboratively and have significant experience of building effective partnership networks;
- be a skilled communicator including through broadcast media;
- be focused on delivering outcomes for nature;
- enjoy the variety of travelling and working in different environments across Scotland; and
- have the flexibility to work occasional evenings and weekends.
How to Apply
or telephone 0131 312 4731 for further information
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Scottish Wildlife Trust
Biodiversity, Conservation, Countryside & Land Management
Edinburgh (Leith), United Kingdom
9th January 2019 at 12:00pm