Director of Fundraising
Position title: Director of Fundraising
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Eleven direct reports; field fundraising team of 70 an telemarketing team of 10
About World Wide Fund for Nature, Singapore (WWF):
WWF Singapore is a Singapore-registered charity and a member of WWF, the global conservation organization. WWF-Singapore delivers its conservation goals and outcomes mainly through public advocacy, policy influence and transformational corporate partnerships, fundraising to support local and global conservation programmes and projects, and educational outreach to achieve WWF’s global goals for Food, Forests, Oceans, Water, Wildlife, and Climate and Energy. We work with corporate partners in Singapore to instill best practices in natural resource management, engage in communication and outreach to raise awareness of critical environmental issues and collaborates with WWF offices in the region to raise funds for important conservation programmes. The WWF-Singapore office is also the global hub of WWF International in Asia Pacific.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Director of Fundraising is responsible for leading and developing all fundraising strategies and policies within Singapore to maximise donor outreach and support by driving awareness of conservation issues.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Generate income under clear KPIs by developing and continuously adapting the fundraising strategy for WWF Singapore.
- Develop high-impact and innovative donor acquisition campaigns and recruitment drives to drive growth.
- Manage the largest in-house face-to-face operations in the global WWF network –currently a team of 70 in-house face to face and telemarketing staff as of FY18 – and ensure this program remains viable and effective in a challenging market like Singapore where fundraising expense is regulated.
- Explore and execute diverse fundraising channels and streams for new donor acquisition.
- Establish and implement tracking procedures for each fundraising program/channel and ensure that fundraising targets are met.
- Provide opportunities and recommend innovative use of digital / new media activities for donor acquisition to ensure diversification targets are met.
- Responsible for donor retention and ensuring donor attrition rate of below 30%.
- Manage relationships with individual donors, including a donor retention programme to maintain donor loyalty and conversion.
- Maintain a CRM system for donor database for WWF Singapore and update individual donor information as needed.
- Develop new and creative corporate products and marketing strategies to engage corporate partnerships for fundraising and donor acquisition purposes.
- Manage our philanthropy team and ensure a solid pipeline of donors from individual giving program into the major gifts program, including bequests.
- Provide oversight for the major donor, corporate, digital and face to face regional roles within the Singapore team.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related field.
- At least eight years’ experience in sales and/or fundraising.
- Preparedness to be both highly operational and strategic at the same time.
- Commercial sales or agency experience highly desirable given the responsibility for leading the largest in-house direct fundraising program in WWF Singapore.
- Adaptability in a fast-paced environment when strategies and operations are constantly evolving with needs and donor behaviours.
- Proven track record in driving income growth, preferably in environmental/conservation NGO sector.
- Experience in managing multiple teams to deliver on financial outcomes.
- Demonstrated experience in web strategy and data analytics.
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English.
- Working knowledge of CRM software will be an added advantage, especially Raiser’s Edge.
- Adheres to WWF’s values, which are: Passionate & Optimistic, Challenging & Inspiring, Credible & Accountable, Persevering & Delivering Results.
- Internal- Works closely with the Communication, Market Transformation and Conservation teams in coordinating efforts that support donor acquisition and retention. Interacts with WWF colleagues within our global Network as and when required.
- External- Interacts with in-country individual members/donors, as well as corporations, NGOs, academic institutions, and relevant regional organisations.
How to Apply
Please send BY EMAIL ONLY a letter of application stating the skills and approach that you would bring to the post with your CV/resume (no photos) in strict confidence by email only to: Karem Armstrong at email@example.com
Please ensure that they are sent as Word or PDF documents with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” Please put “WWF Singapore Fundraising Director” in the email subject line. Also, please let us know where you saw the post advertised.
The deadline for applications is Sunday July 15th, 2018
This recruitment process will be handled in a rolling process, applicants will be evaluated as they arrive.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Competitive Salary for the market
Not specified, apply soon.