Dornoch Firth Information Officer
The Glenmorangie distillery exists alongside the special conservation area on the Dornoch Firth and is committed to improving the site as part of their sustainable future – we are excited to be partners with Glenmorangie and Heriot-Watt University in the ground-breaking Dornoch Environmental Enhancement Project (DEEP).
We now have an exciting opportunity for an outgoing, target-driven person to share their passion for marine conservation and become the ambassador for MCS based at the Glenmorangie distillery in Tain, Ross-shire.
Confident speaking with groups, you will deliver talks and presentations to raise awareness of the Dornoch Firth marine environment and the valuable partnership between MCS and Glenmorangie to visitors at the distillery. Away from the distillery, you will also work to engage the local community in events and activities which promote the partnership’s initiatives, and encourage community interest and attendance at our Beachwatch events in September.
You will be able to demonstrate experience (or the skills required) for recruiting new members for Society, ideally in a face-to-face capacity or in a sales environment. The role will involve some travel in the beautiful and rural area of Tain – public transport links to some locations are difficult so the use of a car is required. This role will also require you to work flexibly, including attending some evening and weekend events.
Key Skills, Qualities & Knowledge:
- Demonstrable customer service skills & excellent verbal communication abilities
- Confident approaching members of the public in order to promote the partnership and secure financial donations and memberships for MCS
- Knowledge of marine conservation in Scotland
- A committed interest in communicating marine conservation to varied audiences to achieve a positive and active response
- Able to work flexibly on days/hours of the week, and able to undertake outreach work in the local area with unrestricted access to suitable transport
- Able to effectively manage and prioritise own workload and operate autonomously
- Self-motivated and with a positive attitude to a diverse workload
- 1st Aid Certificate would be an advantage
Plastic bags, microbeads, wet wipes, plastic bottles and straws are big news. Following the success of BBC1’s Blue Planet II and Sky Ocean Rescue there’s a growing understanding that we, as a nation, have to do something about the rising tide of plastic on our beaches and in our seas. The Marine Conservation Society (MCS) has been the voice for our seas for nearly 30 years; championing sustainable fisheries, clean seas and beaches and protection for marine wildlife.
How to Apply
Application forms can be downloaded from our careers page (sorry, no CVs) http://www.mcsuk.org/Jobs/Jobs
For any enquiries email email@example.com or telephone 01989 561574
MCS is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. Eligibility to work in the UK is required.
Registered Charity No: 1004005 (England & Wales) SC037480 (Scotland)
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
£15,000 per annum pro rata for length of contract
Marine Conservation Society
Entry Level, Graduate
Communication, Education, Environment, Marine Conservation, Nature & Wildlife
Glenmorangie Distillery, Tain, Ross-shire, United Kingdom
26th March 2018 at 11:45pm