Ecological Monitoring Officer
Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust are recruiting an Ecological Monitoring Officer, to coordinate and champion ecological monitoring on the Trusts nature reserves.
Following the successful completion of the Data for Nature project, which implemented a step change in the Trusts nature reserves monitoring, this new post will have responsibility to continue the roll out of SRWTs Adaptive Ecological Monitoring Framework.
The postholder will, with help from volunteers, carry out a range of ecological monitoring on SRWTs nature reserves and project sites, recruiting and training a group of volunteers for this purpose. They will also provide day to day support and upkeep of the Trusts Nature Counts ecological database and webpage.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience of ecological survey and monitoring across a wide range of taxa.
- Experience of championing ecological monitoring in the workplace.
- Excellent knowledge of wildlife, ideally with good ID skills in a number of taxa.
- Good knowledge of a range of environmental recording, survey activities and techniques that can be used by volunteers with different skill levels.
- Demonstrable awareness of the importance and practical application of evidence-based conservation.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply visit our website.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
£22,992 pro rata
Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust
Biodiversity, Conservation, Ecology, Environment, Nature & Wildlife
Sheffield, United Kingdom
1st March 2021 at 9:00am