We are currently seeking Ecologists to join our friendly busy team at our West Midlands (Wolverhampton)base.These are permanent full-time or part-time positions. The individuals will help expand and work with our Ecology team and work on a wide-range of EIA and non-EIA developments throughout the UK, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, with short and long-term scope and support to develop your career in a number of directions, including multi-disciplinary knowledge.
The roles will suit someone who has started their career, with full support and training provided, as required.The roles will be part site-based, and part office-based, will involve the undertaking of habitat and species survey work, report writing, desktop studies, working with sub-contractors and a variety of other important work areas. The successful applicants will be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified to at least degree level in a relevant environmental subject;
- Have a good knowledge of the practical application of current wildlife legislation;
- Membership of relevant professional institutions (e.g. CIEEM, Society for the Environment);
- Minimum of 3 years’ relevant practical ecology experience in ecology consultancy;
- Practical experience of Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and PEAR production;
- Having at least one protected species survey licence;
- Practical experience of undertaking great crested newt and bat surveys;
- Practical experience of protected species translocation schemes;
- Good proactive communication and organisation skills;
- Good commercial and customer care awareness;
- Ability to produce concise, high quality, written work to managed timescales; and
- Friendly, supportive, collaborative, ‘can do’ approach.
- As the role requires working on projects around the UK, a full UK driving licence and ability and willingness to drive to project locations around the UK, sometimes with overnight stays, will be required.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the above position, please contact (in absolute confidence) Alyson Tunney (email@example.com), and she will send you an application form, or alternatively download a form from our vacancies page of our website.
To find out more about this role, or for an informal chat, please call Karl Jones on 01902 229 563, quoting the above job vacancy position
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Crestwood International Ltd.
Full Time, Part Time
Graduate, Mid Level
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom