Education – Formal Learning Session Assistant
Wildfowl & Wetland Trust Martin Mere centre Ad expires in 5 days Fixed Term Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level Part Time
Why do we need you?
At WWT, we believe that the best way for people to understand and ‘connect’ with wetlands is to experience them, so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close. You will be directly involved in shaping children’s unforgettable experiences through the warm welcome you give them, your interactions with them and the information that you provide. We need enthusiastic people to help deliver our education programmes to school groups and in doing so ensuring that they feel part of something amazing.
Who will be responsible for your role? Learning Manager
Where will you be based? Martin Mere centre
How much time will it take?
- One or two days each week, 9.30am – 2pm
- Monday – Friday during term time.
- We will mutually agree the hours that you can contribute and it would be helpful if you could try to give us as much notice as possible on the occasions when you are not able to contribute those hours. However these may vary from week to week depending on school visits.
What will you be doing?
- Helping out with school groups as appropriate.
- Leading selected guided learning sessions (session plans provided)/supporting education lead.
- Attending training sessions and meetings when required.
- Being friendly and approachable to visitors, especially children.
- Interacting with children in a sensitive and responsive manner.
- Being aware of procedures regarding child protection.
- Being involved in peer mentoring and observation during guided learning sessions.
Who are we looking for?
This role will suit you if:
- You have experience in an educational setting.
- You are confident or experienced in delivering enquiry based learning to school groups.
- You are able to work in a team of staff and volunteers.
- You are able to communicate well to a diverse range of audiences.
- You are stages.
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site.
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers.
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
- Training opportunities will be provided
This position may require helping out on other days in addition to rota days but this will be infrequent and will be agreed with your head of department and will be subject to your availability.
You will need your own transport to get to the centre as it is 2 miles from the nearest public transport in Burscough. We regret that we are not in a position to reimburse expenses incurred for travel to the site.
This position is entirely voluntary and is therefore unpaid. Any offer of a volunteer placement is not intended to create a legally binding contract between us and any agreement may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!