Wildfowl & Wetland Trust Martin Mere Centre Ad expires in 2 months Fixed Term Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level Part Time
Why do we need you?
At WWT we believe that the best way for people to understand and connect to wetlands is to experience them so we bring awe-inspiring nature up close. You will be directly involved in shaping our visitors’ unforgettable experiences through your warm welcome, your interaction with them and the information that you provide. We need enthusiastic people to engage with our visitors and to help them to make a connection with wetlands through our activities.
Who will be responsible for your role? Learning Manager
Where will you be based? Martin Mere centre
How much time will it take? School holidays and/or weekends (11am-4pm)
We will mutually agree the hours that you can contribute and it would be helpful if you could try to give us as much notice as possible on the occasions when you are not able to contribute those hours.
What will you be doing?
- Delivering wildlife activity sessions to families e.g. pond dipping, bug hunts
- Helping with seasonal children’s activities such as Pumpkin carving, Christmas crafts or even being an elf!
- Assisting with uniformed groups engage with visitors in a friendly and confident way and interact with children in a sensitive and responsive manner.
- Incorporating WWT conservation messages in the right place and in the right way
Who are we looking for?
No previous experience is required as training will be provided. However this role will suit you if you have a love of wildlife and the outdoors:
- Experience either in an educational setting or in an environment involving children would be an advantage.
- Reliability and people who are prepared to make a commitment to volunteering.
- Confident in talking to the public.
- Able to work in a team of staff and volunteers.
- Keen to give our visitors a first class experience.
- Able to communicate well to a diverse range of people, young and old.
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site.
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers.
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
- Training opportunities will be provided.
This position may require helping out on other days in addition to rota days but this will be infrequent and will be agreed with your head of department and will be subject to your availability.
You will need your own transport to get to the centre as it is 2 miles from the nearest public transport in Burscough. We regret that we are not in a position to reimburse expenses incurred for travel to the site.
This position is entirely voluntary and is therefore unpaid. Any offer of a volunteer placement is not intended to create a legally binding contract between us and any agreement may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!