The Rivers Trust is looking for an experienced Finance Director.
Working alongside the CEO, the Finance Director will provide commercial, financial and governance leadership for the Charity (the “Company”). The FD will not only be an exceptional accountant, with executive oversight of the finance function but will be commercially astute and have the confidence to robustly represent the best interests of the Company at all levels of the Company
- Act as a business partner to support and constructively challenge the Chairman and CEO in overseeing the general management of the Company
- Lead all aspects of the finance function (including maintaining and developing the financial control environment; robust financial accounting; cash flow management; incisive management information; clear and concise reporting to Board) to ensure that the Company’s assets are secured, that the Company understands itself better and that the Company is able to make well-informed decisions
- Manage relationships with auditors, funders, IT specialists, banks and others external organisations
- Provide support to project bids and the development of other commercial opportunities to ensure that bids/opportunities are optimised for the Company as a whole
- Provide input to project delivery, including direct involvement on project management as necessary from time to time, to ensure that project performance is optimised for the Company as a whole
- Attend Board meetings and guide the Board and the Senior Leadership Team on commercial and governance issues
- Ensure compliance with the requirements of the Charity Commission and Companies House and, from time to time, provide guidance to members of the rivers trust movement on good governance practice
Read the full job specification on our website.
The salary for this role is competitive and benefits include Stakeholder Pension Scheme and Life Assurance. The position is part-time – 0.6 FTE (think in terms of 39 days per quarter rather than 3 days per week).
How to Apply
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 23rd July.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
The Rivers Trust
Graduate, Mid Level
Stoke Climsland, Callington, United Kingdom
23rd July 2018 at 5:00pm