Functional Skills Assistant
Groundwork BBOR Oldham, Greater Manchester Ad expires in 5 months Fixed Term Graduate Full Time
This placement will offer the opportunity to gain work experience with our Additional Learning Support (ALS) team. The ALS team provides training to people aged 16+ and specialises in English, Maths and employability delivery. The main programmes supported are the Prince’s Trust programme (supporting young people aged 16-25) and the Skills for Employment programme (supporting unemployed people aged 19+). Through this placement you will have the opportunity to plan schemes of work and delivery sessions, lead group activities and offer 121 mentor support (under the guidance of your line manager).
Line manager overview
Your line manager is Frances Joddrell (ALS Co-ordinator). Frances is a highly experienced tutor with expertise in creating and delivering lesson/session plans for literacy, numeracy, team skills, community skills, employability skills, time management and presentation. Frances also has twelve years of experience in academic and pastoral support within Higher Education including designing and delivering an employability skills module.
What will I gain?
- Confidence and skills to lead training sessions.
- A wider understanding of accredited training and the requirements of funders and awarding bodies.
- Practical application of theoretical knowledge.
- Support and guidance from an experienced ALS team.
Who will I be working with?
- Direct line management from ALS Co-ordinator, with further support from the wider Trust including quality assurance and training delivery teams.
- Wider partners including funders and awarding bodies.
- The Project Co-ordinator for the VPA programme will help ensure that the placement meets your needs and will also deliver team tasks that involve the wider graduate team.
Requirements for the Placement
- Good level of English and Maths ideally in a relevant qualification..
- Enthusiasm for the delivery of training programmes.
- Friendly and able to communicate with a wide range of people.
- Ability to plan and prioritise your workload.
- Good timekeeping and attendance.
- IT literate.
- Commitment to Equal Opportunities and Safeguarding procedures
- Placement available from NOW
- Approx 12 weeks in length – flexible working hours within a requirement for 3 days
- Placement will be based in Oldham
- All expenses covered & uniform etc. provided
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!