Wildfowl & Wetland Trust WWT Castle Espie Ad expires in 2 days Fixed Term Graduate, Mid Level Part Time
Why do we need you?
At WWT Castle Espie, we shape unforgettable experiences. By working as part of the Support Volunteer team you will assist in providing the highest standards of development and maintenance on site and ensuring the centre is helping provide the visitor with a great day out and encouraging them to engage with and support our work to save wetlands for wildlife and people.
Who will be responsible for your role? Facilities Manager
Where will you be based? WWT Castle Espie
How much time will it take? We will mutually agree the hours that you can contribute and it would be helpful if you could try to give us as much notice as possible on the occasions not able to contribute those hours.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting with development and maintenance of visitor centre grounds.
- Assisting with planting, weeding, pruning and propagation of plants.
- Helping us maintain our visitor infrastructure to a high standard including path clearance, maintenance of water features, hides and furnishings.
- Welcoming and engaging visitors.
- Ensuring the safety, welfare and enjoyment of the visiting public.
- Promoting the work of WWT to all visitors.
Who are we looking for?
- No formal qualifications are required. However this role would suit you if you have formal or informal experience or understanding of horticulture and conservation.
- Practical and physically able.
- Able to work in a team of staff and volunteers.
- Experienced in a visitor service environment with strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Proactive and able to work with a minimum of supervision, under the direction of the Grounds Manager and wardens.
- Keen to support the work of WWT.
How will you benefit?
- This is an excellent opportunity to work within an internationally important wetland site.
- Suitable uniform is provided to all regular volunteers.
- Discount is available in the cafe and shop on the days of volunteering.
- Training opportunities will be provided.
- You will gain professional experience in a specialised field of reserve management.
The hours of this position are at the discretion of the Grounds & Reserve Manager but the centre is open 363 days a year with work required during weekends and public holidays.
Travel to and from the centre is at the volunteers arrangement.
This position is entirely voluntary and is therefore unpaid. Any offer of a volunteer placement is not intended to create a legally binding contract between us and any agreement may be cancelled at any time at the discretion of either party. Neither of us intends any employment relationship to be created either now or at any time in the future.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!