Field Studies Council FSC Juniper Hall Ad expires in 7 months Fixed Term, Permanent, Temporary Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior Part Time
We are continually developing the grounds and gardens at FSC Juniper Hall and as such are looking to build our team of grounds volunteers. There are a number of physical tasks that need to be done to the grounds and gardens to develop them further for students to work in, for the enjoyment of all and the conservation of biodiversity. Some of these will require some thought and conscientious delivery:
- Developing and maintaining the beds in the walled garden.
- Continue work on the paddock to develop the grassland plots and promote biodiversity.
- Maintain the wooded areas surrounding the centre.
- Develop the ha-ha to promote biodiversity and education
- Maintain the butterfly garden
- Mowing of grass around the centre and strimming in some areas.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to practise and develop your physical skills, and offer them to the FSC.
- The chance to enjoy the fresh air and exercise provided by the nature reserve all year round
- Enjoying being part of a strong team at the Field Centre, sharing meals and coffee breaks with a diverse range of ages and experiences.
Having a direct impact on both the education of children from the local area and across the UK. As well as enjoyment of your work by families and other visitors.
This role will require both the ability to work as part of a team and also as a lone worker. You will need to be physically able to work in the outdoor environment for this role.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!