LIFE Recreation ReMEDIES (LIFE 18 NAT/UK/000039) Finance Officer
This role is an exciting opportunity to be part of the EU LIFE funded Recreation ReMEDIES (LIFE 18 NAT/UK/000039) project led by Natural England. Recreation ReMEDIES (Restoring and Mitigating Erosion and Disturbance Impacts affecting the Seabed) seeks to improve the condition of subtidal and intertidal habitats such as seagrass and maerl in 5 Special Areas of Conservation (SAC) in southern England: Isles of Scilly, Fal & Helford, Plymouth Sound & Estuaries, Solent Maritime and Essex Estuaries. It will achieve this by working with a number of partners, including the Marine Conservation Society, Ocean Conservation Trust (National Marine Aquarium’s charitable arm), Plymouth City Council and the Royal Yachting Association, to deliver improved management of recreational impacts, better stakeholder awareness and demonstrate habitat restoration/management techniques including seagrass restoration and infrastructure improvements in key sites.
The project needs an experienced part time Finance officer to work closely with the Project Manager and core partners in order to ensure the successful delivery of this project.
LIFE Recreation ReMEDIES projects aims are:
- Protect from, and reduce, recreational pressures to England’s most important and at risk seagrass beds, moving intertidal/subtidal mud and sand habitats across 5 SACs towards Favourable condition. This will be achieved by utilising best practice management techniques for reducing recreational pressure such as environmentally friendly moorings (eco-moorings), voluntary codes, targeted training, behavioural change, managing access and habitat restoration.
- Demonstrate large scale successful restoration and management techniques across the project’s SACs and elsewhere.
- Promote awareness and inspire better care of sensitive habitats such as seagrass by recreational users and use networks of relevant stakeholders and public at a local, national and trans-national level to maximise the longevity and sustainability of the project actions.
LIFE Recreation ReMEDIES (LIFE 18 NAT/UK/000039) is financially supported by LIFE, a financial instrument of the European Commission.
Key tasks/ accountabilities
To ensure the successful delivery of the project the following key tasks will need to be undertaken by the Finance/Project Officer under the direction of the Project Manager:
- Preparation of Project budget monitoring tools, in liaison with the Project Manager and Defra Finance leads.
- Responsibility for all budgetary management – overall budget allocation, forecasting and profiling.
- Maintaining, collating and monitoring records of Project delivery and budget expenditure, in compliance with LIFE guidance: organising invoices and claims, producing the financial reports and staff time recording.
- Maintenance of the EU Financial Statement of Expenditure sourcing all relevant financial data and evidence of expenditure for NE’s: pay, travel, contracts, equipment, etc. Ensuring that time recording for staff is likewise obtained and recorded within the Financial Statement.
- Obtaining completed EU Financial Statements of Expenditure and supporting evidence from all Partners to an agreed timetable.
- Maintenance of a Consolidated Financial Statement incorporating all budget, expenditure and income financial data for the project as a whole.
- Working with the Project Manager, preparing and submitting financial statements, claims and progress reports in a timely manner to funders.
- Contributing to NE’s Month End Financial Reporting.
- Keeping the Project Change Log up-to-date.
- Issuing financial guidance to the Project Team and partners to ensure compliance with financial procedures.
- Supporting the Project Manager in procurement related activities.
- Coordinate and let contracts for various professional items of work with the assistance of the Project Manager and/or Assistant Project Manager (Communications) Officer.
How to Apply
For more information and to apply for this role please register and search for this role on https://civilservicejobs.service.gov.uk
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
National, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.