New Nature Magazine Home Working Ad expires in 2 weeks Permanent Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level Part Time
New Nature is a new e-magazine written, edited and produced entirely by young people aged 30 and under. We offer a fresh perspective on topical issues in conservation, highlight the beauty to be seen year round in the British countryside and hope to strengthen overall interest in nature writing and ecology. The magazine is produced monthly and can be downloaded free of charge on our website. It includes a variety of topics from articles about a particular species, to opinion pieces and celebrity interviews. Our first issue was published at the beginning of the year and since this we have had thousands of views and are currently looking for a designer to join our expanding team.
The role involves:
- Designing and creating our monthly magazine. This will include putting together features such as the front cover, contents, inside pages and contributor profiles for the magazine. You will have to design the pages, source appropriate imagery and make amendments where necessary. Please see examples of what is expected on our website www.newnature.co.uk where published issues can be downloaded.
- Create appropriate images to be used on our social media accounts and website (such as banners to fit on our Twitter page) when necessary.
- General tasks involved with producing the magazine, such as answering emails when appropriate.
- Must know how to use InDesign software and have regular access to the program.
- Needs to be able to source imagery appropriately for the magazine, including being aware of copyright.
- Previous design experience is desirable.
- A love of British wildlife and an interest in nature and conservation is a must.
- Good communication skills and a friendly manner.
- Aged 30 or under.
- Due to feasibility, for example the time meetings are held, and the focus of the magazine, British wildlife, the applicant should be based in the UK.
- A regular commitment to the role is required.
Please note although the deadline is set at a particular date we may stop taking applications sooner so please get them in to us as soon as you can. The position is voluntary and will be starting in June. It is important to be aware that designing this magazine can take a considerable amount of time, as we look to produce it to a professional standard. The successful applicant will be subject to a short probationary period. Please note depending on interest and relevant applications there is the potential for this role to be a job share.
How to Apply
Please send us a CV and short cover letter (this should not be more than one side of A4) telling us a little bit about yourself, your experience and what you could bring to the role to the e-mail address supplied below. Please also send us any examples of your previous work. We will try to respond to all applicants but this cannot be guaranteed.
Please mention the job website you saw this advert on when applying and please feel free to email us any questions about the role.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!