Marine Conservation Team Leader
Do you have a passion for marine conservation? We are looking for an experienced marine manager to take on the role of Marine Conservation Team Leader and help us protect the unique ocean environment around Ascension Island. The Ascension Island Marine Protected Area planned for designation in 2019 will become one of the largest areas of protected ocean in the world. This is an opportunity for you to help shape and deliver management, monitoring and research in the reserve and work with the Ascension Island Government, local community and international stakeholders to realise the huge potential of the MPA for global marine conservation.
We are looking for someone with a strong background in marine management who will be able to lead our small team of marine scientists and forge partnerships with research organisations and NGOs across the globe. You will require a good knowledge of marine ecosystems, threats to marine biodiversity and sustainable management practices. You must have a strong grounding in the biological sciences, but also have the ability to translate the results of monitoring and research into programmes of practical conservation action. Ascension Island is a challenging environment to live and work in, so you will need to be resilient and adaptable in order to thrive.
We are offering a two year, single status, contract with a salary of £18,000-22,000 per year dependent on experience and qualifications (taxable in Ascension). You will also receive the following benefits:
- Rent free accommodation (with electricity and water allowances
- A food allowance of £3,089 per year
- Relocation costs for your personal effects, including the shipment of a vehicle
- One mid-contract return journey to your country of recruitment
- A gratuity payable on the successful completion of a 2 year contract
- 30 days annual holiday (with additional 9 days public holidays)
- Free primary dental and medical care
This appointment will be subject to satisfactory:
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Employment References
- Medical Clearance (Ascension Island has limited medical facilities. If you believe that you have a medical condition that may be difficult to treat here please contact our Senior Medical Officer for a confidential discussion via firstname.lastname@example.org)
We are looking for the successful applicant to start in July.
Closing Date: 7th of June 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 17th of June 2019
Interviews will be carried out via Skype or teleconference
How to Apply
please visit www.ascension-island.gov.ac/working-here to apply
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Ascension Island Government
Conservation, Marine Conservation
Ascension Island, Atlantic Ocean, Saint Helena
Not specified, apply soon.