Nature and Environment Writer
New Nature Magazine Home based Ad expires in 2 weeks Fixed Term, Permanent, Temporary Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level, Senior Part Time
Do you love wildlife and the environment and have a passion for writing? Then this opportunity could be for you.
New Nature is a new youth e-magazine written, edited and produced entirely by young people aged 30 and under. We hope to offer a fresh perspective on topical issues in conservation, highlight the beauty to be seen year round in the British countryside and strengthen overall interest in nature and the environment. The magazine is produced monthly and can be downloaded free of charge from our website – www.newnature.co.uk. The magazine includes a variety of topics from articles about a particular species, to opinion pieces and celebrity interviews. Our first issue was published at the beginning of the year and with the interest growing we are looking for more writers to contribute content to our magazine and online blog.
This role is fairly flexible and you can contribute in any of the following ways:
- Write an article about a particular subject (such as a specific species or conservation topic) for our magazine. Please note the magazine is based on UK seasonal wildlife so we do not currently accept overseas pieces unless they are linked to the UK.
- Contribute a blog to be put on our website – www.newnature.co.uk/blog.
- A love of nature and the environment is a must
- Good communication and writing skills.
- An ability to meet submission deadlines.
- As the magazine is a youth magazine writers should be aged 30 or under.
Please note the magazine is currently run by a team of nature lovers on a voluntary basis so we unfortunately cannot pay contributors. Articles submitted will also be edited before being published.
How to Apply
If you are interested we would love to hear from you. If you would like to write a piece for our magazine there is a list of articles which are ongoing columns in our magazines listed below, you are welcome to write about any of these or alternatively you can submit your own ideas to us. Please send your article proposals to the email address supplied below. More information about what to include in your article proposals can be found on our website, which you can visit by clicking ‘More Information’ below. Please also note that our magazines are planned a month in advance. If you would like to write blogs for our website you can also contact us by email. We try to respond to all emails but this cannot be guaranteed. Please mention you saw this advert on Conservation Jobs when contacting us.
New Nature Magazine Articles
- What to Watch for this Month – This article includes information on the kind of species you would encounter during a specific month. Some contributors also talk about their own experiences with nature here.
- Species Focus – Articles about a particular species, we also have an underrated species column and are keen to include articles about specific species of insects, flowers, fish, etc.
- Patchchats – Contributors tell us about the wildlife they see on their patch during a particular month.
- Research articles – Have you recently completed or are completing research, such as for your Masters? We would love to hear about what you are up to.
- Opinion pieces – Is there a particular subject that is highly debated and of which you have an opinion?
- Book reviews
Examples of all of these articles can be seen in our magazines which can be downloaded free of charge from our website.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!