Nature Recovery Manager (Water) (0.8)FTE
The Nature Recovery Manager (water) will deliver a £1M+ programme of nature-based solutions (NbS) and develop new projects across Sheffield and Rotherham. This will include river restoration and natural flood management work with partners such as the EA, YW, LAs and local communities with the aim of realising nature’s recovery and providing a range of ecosystem services.
Under the supervision of the Head of Conservation & Land Management the Nature Recovery Manager (NR Mgr) is responsible for developing and delivering water-based programmes in Sheffield & Rotherham including river restoration (RR) and nature-based solutions (NbS) such as natural flood management (NFM).
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of four year’s substantial and relevant nature conservation experience.
- Experience of developing and delivering river restoration and/or nature-based solutions schemes or similar.
- Experience of staff and budget management.
- Experience of building successful partnerships.
- Experience of implementing ecological surveys/monitoring.
- Experience of successfully securing external funds.
- Experience of developing policies and procedures.
- Ideally experience of biodiversity net gain.
- A degree or equivalent in the relevant field.
- Good knowledge of freshwater ecology.
- Good knowledge of river/wetland restoration and/or NbS/NFM.
- A good working knowledge of ICT packages.
How to Apply
For further information and to apply for this exciting role please visit our website:
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
£29,999.65 Pro rata (£23,999.72 actual) 0.8 FTE
Sheffield and Rotherham Wildlife Trust
Conservation, Countryside & Land Management, Environment
Sheffield and Rotherham, United Kingdom
29th April 2021 at 5:00pm