Open Spaces Project Assistant
Groundwork BBOR Oldham, Greater Manchester Ad expires in 6 months Fixed Term Graduate Full Time
You will work within our Neighbourhood Services section, in the Land Team. This is a diverse and fast moving team, carrying out commercial and grant funded physical projects. You will work alongside delivery staff and managers helping to fund, design, implement and evaluate physical projects.
Line manager overview
Your line manager, Adam Holt, is a great ambassador for Groundwork and has over ten years’ experience of partnership working to design and implement environmental projects including sites of special biological interest.
What will I gain?
- A very good understanding of the nuts and bolts of project work
- Planning and delivery of various projects and activities
- Experience liaising with community groups, local authorities, third sector organisations and other relevant agencies
- Development of publicity and promotion of projects
- Day to day project implementation ‘hands on’ assistance
Who will I be working with?
- You will work most regularly alongside delivery and management staff within each of your projects
- Your role will bring you into contact with staff at all levels across the whole Trust
- You will also work with our partners and funders
Requirements for the Placement
- Understanding of community development and regeneration, environmental education and the charitable sector.
- Commitment to teamwork and working in partnership.
- Good written and communication skills.
- IT literate
- Full driving licence is desirable but not essential
- Proactive, flexible approach.
- Placement available from 6th February 2017
- 12 weeks in length (292 hours) with options to extend – flexible working hours within a requirement for 30 hrs most weeks.
- Placement will be based in Oldham with travel across Bury, Bolton, Rochdale and Oldham.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!