National Lobster Hatchery, Padstow, Cornwall
Working at the Charity’s base in Padstow, this is a full time post. A salary in the range of £28,000 to £34,000, pension and 22 days paid annual leave, plus a day’s leave for each bank holiday is offered.
Closing date for applications: 24th November 2017, Interview date for shortlisted applicants: 4th December 2017
The Organisation: The National Lobster Hatchery is located on the harbour wall in Padstow. It has a satellite hatchery which is located on the harbour in Newlyn and a pilot scale nursery site in St. Austell Bay. The Charity aims to promote sustainability issues in coastal fisheries through programs of stock enhancement, research and education; supported by income generated through its visitor centre, corporate sponsorship, grants and donations.
Aim of the job: To manage the day to day operations of the Charity, overseeing the Hatchery, Visitor Centre and Education and Administration activities, reporting to the General Manager.
Key responsibilities: To manage operational aspects of the charity’s activities, to ensure safe and effective delivery – this includes the Visitor Centre, Education Programme, Hatcheries and administrative functions; Supervise staff in the above teams, plan and deliver formal training programmes for those teams, undertake regular internal process audits to maintain a consistent quality of service across the various teams.
- To act as Safety Officer, managing all aspects of Health and Safety.
- To ensure essential maintenance to the building fabric and/or the equipment is carried out on a regular basis, to manage day to day/emergency repairs as required and ensure that the building, fixtures and fittings conform to all regulatory requirements; planning a maintenance and repair programme for the building, its fixtures and fittings.
- Taking responsibility for the charity’s vehicles, ensuring they are legally compliant and suitably maintained.
- Promoting a programme of juvenile Lobster sales for research and stocking; co-ordinating logistical arrangements, permit requirements and invoicing.
Required Personal skills and qualifications:
Candidates must be able to demonstrate that they have suitable experience of the following:
- Running a business or similar operation
- Supervising staff and volunteers & HR experience
- Proven business management skills
- Good technical and IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be self-motivated
- Able to work to deadlines
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Full clean driving licence
- An understanding of fisheries sustainability issues
- Relevant degree or tertiary qualification
- Experience in working at or running a tourist attraction
- A good understanding of how Charities operate
How to Apply
Please send a C.V and formal covering letter outlining why you feel you are suitable for the role, what you can bring to the Charity; and how your experience matches the essential personal skills listed above to:
The General Manager: email@example.com
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
£28,000 - £34,000
The National Lobster Hatchery
Administration, Education, Human Resources, Marine Conservation
Padstow, Cornwall, United Kingdom
24th November 2017 at 5:00pm