Crestwood Environmental Ltd. is a well-established multi-disciplinary company providing environmental planning and associated expertise (including EIA, landscape architecture, ecology, archaeology, arboriculture and environmental consultancy) to a wide variety of sectors and clients, and is proud to be a Chartered Environmentalist Employer Champion.
We are currently seeking an experienced Principal Ecologist to join us and assist in developing and mentoring the ecology team and the respective area of the business.
Supported by the Senior Management team, together with a strong and ever-increasing client base, impressive work stream, a great team of dedicated, professional (multi-disciplinary) staff, collaboration on developing areas of ecology (e.g. environmental lighting), all the ingredients are there for the right person to join our company and build a successful career.
Location: Part-home-working and flexibility on location, but preferably located within the vicinity of West Midlands, London and Home Counties.
The role will require an ecology professional competent in areas of technical expertise, team leadership and management, client relationship, project and budget management, business development and with a good working knowledge of EcIA, HRA, Management Plans (e.g. CEMP, LEMP), Biodiversity Net Gain and EPS licensing. The role will be wide-ranging (with ‘office’ and field-based assignments) with requirements for mentoring of team members.
In return, the Company can offer:
- A competitive and flexible remuneration package commensurate with the position (including mobile phone and laptop);
- A commitment to facilitating a Personal Development Plan through training etc.;
- Payment of key professional subscription fees; and
- A fair TOIL and flexible leave arrangement.
A successful candidate will be able to demonstrate suitability in relation to several areas, including:
- Qualified to at least degree level in a relevant ecology subject;
- At least 8 years’ relevant commercial and practical experience;
- Relevant professional institution membership (e.g. MCIEEM, Chartered Ecologist);
- Extensive experience in Phase 1 Habitat and Protected Species surveys, PEA, EcIA production and with HRAs and in liaising with professionals in other disciplines and roles;
- Holding protected species survey licences (particularly bats and great crested newt);
- Previous EPS Licence holder (GCN and/or Bats), mitigation scheme and development licence applications;
- Representation at various client and stakeholder meetings and conferences (e.g. presenting);.
- Familiarity with relevant Health and Safety at Work requirements;
- Good proactive communication, organisational, team management and IT skills;
- Good Commercial awareness and client-consultant relationship management skills; and
- Excellent report-writing and technical proofing skills.
As the role requires working on projects around the UK, a full UK driving licence and ability and willingness to drive to project locations around the UK, sometimes with overnight stays, will be required.
How to Apply
Please send your CV’s along with an application form to the HR email below.
For an application form or to learn more please contact (in absolute confidence) Alyson Tunney (on 01902 229 563 or via HR@crestwoodenvironmental.co.uk or, for an informal chat about the role, please call Vincent Smith on 07545 651 257.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Crestwood Environmental Ltd
Flexibility, United Kingdom
Not specified, apply soon.