Recruitment & Events Intern
Frontier Shoreditch, London Ad expires in 3 weeks Permanent, Temporary Entry Level, Graduate Full Time
Volunteer Recruitment and Events Internship
Travel and Tourism Internship
UK Recruitment Manager
Head of Development, Managing Director
Frontier London Headquarters, UK
To play an important role in the UK Recruitment Team, helping convert interested people into Frontier volunteers. To gain experience in event delivery and the public relations activities of Frontier, to raise awareness, promote volunteer opportunities and recruit volunteers through direct marketing methods.
GENERAL OUTLINE OF THE ROLE
- To assist the Recruitment Team providing travel and project advice to potential volunteers through over-the-phone consultations and live chat support.
- To assist with the promotion of Frontier projects to target audiences through direct mailings,advertisements, public relations, promotional literature, social media promotion, fairs, and face-to-face presentations.
- To assist with statistics, results and competitor analysis.
- To provide administrative support to all marketing and event activities.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing information and advice to potential volunteers through telephone consultations and live chat software.
- Contributing to Frontier’s online outreach strategies, including blogs and social media, pertaining to our events program.
- Helping design and produce materials for Frontier presentations at schools and universities. – Proofing and other written materials.
- Helping write and design press releases, articles and promotional literature, and source suitable publications for promotion.
- Editing Photo Library.
- Presentations to school groups and representation at careers fairs and exhibitions.
- Assisting with weekly event booking targets.
- Updating contact lists, including educational institutions, suppliers and media contacts, listings in books, websites, magazines and directories.
- Office logistics
- filing, preparing invoices, reading and responding to emails, database maintenance and mailing.
FRONTIER, 50-52 Rivington Street, London, EC2A 3QP. United Kingdom
T: +44 (0) 207 613 2422 – F: +44 (0) 207 613 2992
TERMS & CONDITIONS
3 or 6 months with the possibility of extension
4 days a week, 10:00 – 17:30
Subsistence: Non – salaried position. Subsidised overseas placement on a Frontier
research programme (excluding return flights, visas, insurance, and dive
training) on successful completion (10 weeks for 6 month internship, 4 weeks
for 3 month internship.
Travel: Travel allowance available
- Educated to degree level
- Fluent English
- Knowledge of travel sector and worldwide conservation issues
- Proven public speaking experience
- Experience of working within an office environment
- Experience of office administration procedures
- Experience of website production
- Experience of working in developing countries/conducting tropical field research/ travel
- Excellent written/oral communication and presentation skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Good time management
- Commitment to organisational values.
- Working knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint
- Hold a full clean driving licence
- Commitment to conservation
- Flexible Approach
- Ability to motivate others and work as part of a team
- Self driven, results orientated with positive outlook
- Sense of humour
- High attention to detail
Steven Bratten email@example.com 02076132422
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!