Research Assistant Opportunities in Archipelagos Institute in Greece
EXCITING NEW OPPORTUNITIES TO BECOME PART OF THE ARCHIPELAGOS TEAM Archipelagos Institute of Marine Conservation is currently recruiting for short term positions throughout the spring/summer months, as well as for long term associates.
We are looking for people who have a genuine interest for environmental conservation, to assist with our expanding team and conservation efforts with the following roles:
- Marine Mammal Research Assistant
- Coastal Ecology Research Assistant
- Microplastic Research Assistant
- GIS Research Assistant
- Media & Communications Assistant
- Terrestrial Conservation Research Assistant
Selected candidates will join the team in April and work will be conducted from our research base and boats located on the island of Lipsi, Greece.
For the trial period the travel expenses and full board accommodation are covered. If the trial period is successful, a remuneration package is possible, as we aim to develop long-term partnerships.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities to become part of our amazing team
- Experience managing and training students and/or volunteers
- Able to conduct fieldwork in all weather conditions
- Be comfortable spending time on a research vessel at sea
- Demonstrated leadership, supervision and team building skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Ability to write scientific reports and papers
- Fluency in English (essential)
- Fluency in Greek (ideal)
- Excellent computer skills with all Microsoft applications
- Genuine interest in issues related to conservation
- Willingness to occasionally work during weekends and/or holidays
- *Valid international driver’s license or Greek driver’s license
The islands of Lipsi, Samos and other locations around the Eastern Aegean Sea.
The Aegean Sea, is considered to be one of the most important remaining hotspots for marine biodiversity in the Meditereanean and Europe. Through Archipelagos’ work, we all take an active share in our common responsibility to efficiently conserve this unique wildlife, against the increasing anthropogenic threats.
How to Apply
Please submit a current resume, three references that have approval to be contacted, and a covering letter expressing your interest and background information.
Applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Archipelagos Institute of Marine Conservation
Biodiversity, Biology, Conservation, Ecology, Environment, Marine Conservation, Nature & Wildlife
Pythagoreio, Samos, Greece
Not specified, apply soon.