Resource Development Manager
Resource Development Manager
Job Title: Resource Development Manager
Location: Flexible location with regular travel to Global Office in The Netherlands
Reports to: Director of Resources
Salary: €40,000 – €50,000 euros – negotiable dependant on experience
Contract type: Full time – 36 hours/week
Wetlands International is a worldwide, not-for-profit organisation with a clear niche amongst environmental organisations. For the last 25 years we have functioned as a global network organisation, with 20 offices working in over 100 countries. Together with our partners, Wetlands International works to inspire and mobilise society to safeguard and restore wetlands for people and nature. In all regions, we act as facilitators and catalyse action at a large scale for wetlands to act as Nature-based Solutions, helping to conserve biodiversity, safeguard water supplies, reduce the risks and impacts of floods and droughts, meet future food needs and tackle climate change.
The Global Office provides leadership, guides and helps coordinate collaborative action, through programmes, communications and advocacy across this network. Our outstanding technical staff and well-established relationships with governments and civil society, plus experience of working with companies, make us a trusted authority and partner of choice across a growing number of sectors. We play a central role in major global platforms and networks of relevance to our mission and are a partner to the Multilateral Environmental Agreements.
Wetlands International resources this work through combining support from a growing set of (mostly) institutional donors, including bi-lateral government grants and a growing portfolio of supportive Trusts and Foundations and companies. The organisation has historically enjoyed the loyal support of government and NGO members from around the world. There is potential to expand this membership which brings both mandate and resources, and the organisation is committed to broaden its constituency by developing a Supporter Base, involving a range of categories.
Purpose of Role
The Resource Development Manager is a facilitative leader who orchestrates, supports and adapts the implementation of the organisation’s strategic efforts to mobilise resources, and tracks and evaluates resource development performance. This involves identifying and researching prospects, communicating and advising the Management Team and the Network on resource development strategy and tactics, coordinating the fundraising efforts across the organization, and providing practical support to proposal development and submission processes. It is envisaged that the incumbent will develop a departmental team over time. One important aspect of the role is to work with staff across the Network organisation to develop the Member and Supporter base and identify other means to secure and build on flexible finance.
Wetlands International is looking for an entrepreneurial, facilitative leader with strong cultural awareness and strong drive to grow a fertile programme bringing non-standard funding solutions.
The incumbent will report to the Director of Resources, who is a member of the Global Management Team – will engage closely with the CEO – and will advise the Global and Network Management Teams on the resource development strategy and performance.
- Play a central role in the global leadership team which identifies and evaluates opportunities for resource development, guiding choices and steering tactics, according to the organisational positioning and priorities;
- Lead the development and implementation of the Member and Supporters strategy, enabling staff in the Global Office and wider Network to play an active part in mobilisation;
- Communicate opportunities across the Network, and support offices by conducting research on donors, providing organizational documents and donor-specific information and guidance;
- Act as the focal point to coordinate significant bids/proposal development involving managing dispersed teams where required;
- Oversee the produced management information on resource development opportunities, submissions and outcomes;
- Evaluate performance on resource development and provides resource-development overviews to the Global Management Team, Network Management Team, Annual Review and Supervisory Council reports;
- Review and quality assure external communications to partners and donors, as required;
- Ensure an appropriate appreciation of public donations;
- Deliver training and provides tools to encourage best practice around prospect research, donor cultivation, stewardship in the Network;
- Chair bi-weekly resource development meetings of the Programme Leadership Team;
INSIDE Wetlands International:
CEO, Director of Resources, Director of Operations and Network Development, Heads of Office, Head of Communications and Advocacy, Stream Team Leads/ Programme Leadership Team/ Communications and Advocacy Team, Supervisory Council/ Board of Association
OUTSIDE Wetlands International:
Partners, donors and other key stakeholders.
The successful candidate will identify with Wetlands International’s mission and vision and have demonstrated experience in resource acquisition for comparable organisations, with an emphasis on institutional fundraising. S/he will have active, current networks in Europe and internationally, will be highly organized and skilled in team coordination, with excellent communication skills.
Essential education and experience
- Relevant education in business development and relationship management.
- At least 10 years of experience of institutional resource development in an internationally operating organisation.
- Experience in working in a knowledge-rich, technical or science-based organization.
- Effective interpersonal skills with a facilitative and service-oriented style.
- Working knowledge of relevant IT systems including management information and Customer Relations Management systems or relations database systems.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with fluency in English.
- Ability to work across cultures.
- Experience in working in an international (environmental) NGO.
- Existing donor and partner networks relevant to Wetlands International.
- Experience in working with different donor communities, such as trusts, foundations, governmental agencies, corporate companies, and relevant EU institutions.
- Proposal writing skills: ability to write clearly and persuasively to a wide range of different target donors and supporters.
- Additional language skills – particularly French, Spanish and / or Dutch.
How to Apply
How to apply
To apply for the post, please send a letter of application stating the skills and approach you would bring to the role, along with your CV/resume in English BY EMAIL ONLY, to Karem Armstrong at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure that documents are sent with the titles “your name cover letter” and “your name CV” and state “Wetlands- RD Manager” in the email subject line. Please let us know, in your covering email, where you found out about the post.
Deadline for applications: Sunday June 28th, 2020
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
€40,000 – €50,000 euros - negotiable dependant on experience
Not specified, apply soon.