Seabird Conservation Scientist
We are looking for a Seabird Conservation Scientist to join our Conservation and Fisheries Directorate
(Package worth up to £22,000 per annum)
Do you have a passion for conservation and the outdoors? We are looking for someone to take on the role of Seabird Conservation Scientist here on Ascension Island. You will take the lead in developing and implementing research, monitoring and conservation programmes relating to the island’s unique seabird assemblage. The seabirds of Ascension face many threats and we need someone able to carry out high quality scientific studies then translate this into practical conservation action. You must be resilient and adaptable in order to thrive in a challenging environment. The successful applicant will need to be capable of working autonomously as well as part of the wider conservation team to deliver an ambitious programme of fieldwork. In addition, you will need to foster relationships with NGOs and research organisations and communicate the work we do to both an international and island audience.
You should have a strong BSc or Masters in biological sciences and extensive field experience working with seabirds including a BTO C ringing permit or equivalent.
We are offering a two year, single status, contract with a salary of £12,000 per year (taxable in Ascension). You will also receive the following benefits:
- Rent free accommodation (with electricity and water allowances)
- A food allowance of £3,089 per year
- Relocation costs for your personal effects, including the shipment of a vehicle
- One mid-contract return journey to your country of recruitment
- A gratuity payable on the successful completion of a 2 year contract
- 30 days annual holiday (with additional 9 days public holidays)
- Free primary dental and medical care
This appointment will be subject to satisfactory:
- Enhanced DBS Check
- Employment References
- Medical Clearance (Ascension Island has limited Medical Facilities. If you believe that you have a medical condition that may be difficult to treat here please contact our Senior Medical Officer for a confidential discussion at email@example.com)
We are looking for the successful applicant to start in November.
How to Apply
Please apply by visiting www.ascension-island.gov.ac/working-here
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Package worth £22,000
Ascension Island Governement
Graduate, Postgraduate, Senior
Conservation, Nature & Wildlife, Research
Ascension Island, Saint Helena
Not specified, apply soon.