We are currently seeking a Senior level Ecologist for an exciting new role based in our newly-opened office in Shipley, West Yorkshire. We are seeking a driven individual to take on and help build our portfolio of Ecology.
This is a permanent full-time or part-time position. The individual will help expand and work with our Ecology team and work on a wide-range of EIA and non-EIA developments throughout the UK, working alongside a multi-disciplinary team of professionals, with short and long-term scope and support to develop your career in a number of directions, including multi-disciplinary knowledge.The role will suit someone who has at least some practical experience in producing EcIA’s and EPS licence applications, such that full support and training can be provided, where required. The role will be part site-based, and part office-based, will involve the undertaking of habitat and species survey work, management and training of other in-house ecologists, and coordination of sub-contractors. The successful applicant will
be able to demonstrate the following:
- Qualified to at least degree level in a relevant environmental subject;
- Have a good knowledge of the practical application of current wildlife legislation;
- Full membership of a relevant professional institution (e.g. CIEEM, Society for the Environment);
- Have at least 5 years’ relevant practical ecology experience in ecology consultancy;
- Wide-ranging experience of Extended Phase 1 Habitat Surveys and PEAR production;
- EcIA production experience;
- Having at least one protected species survey licence;
- Protected species mitigation scheme and development licence application experience;
- Good communication, project management and people management skills;
- Good commercial and customer care awareness;
- Ability to produce and accurately proof high quality, written outputs to managed timescales; and
- Friendly, supportive, collaborative, ‘can do’ approach.
- As the role requires working on projects around the UK, a full UK driving licence and ability and willingness to drive to project locations around the UK, sometimes with overnight stays, will be required.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply for the above position, please contact (in absolute confidence) Alyson Tunney (email@example.com), and she will send you an application form, or alternatively download a form from our vacancies page of our website. To find out more about this role, or for an informal chat, please call Karl Jones on 01902 229 563, quoting the above job vacancy position.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Crestwood Environmental Ltd.
Graduate, Mid Level
Biology, Conservation, Ecology, Environment
Wolverhampton, United Kingdom