Senior Herpetology Keeper
Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust is an international charity working to save species from extinction. Headquartered in Jersey in the Channel Islands, Durrell focuses on the most threatened species in the most threatened places.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to promote the Trust’s work in the captive husbandry and breeding of amphibians and reptiles by working on the daily management of the animal collection and to ultimately play a crucial role in fulfilling Durrell’s mission of saving species from extinction.
- The role will include the daily husbandry of a diverse reptile and amphibian collection and associated invertebrate food colonies in conjunction with the other section staff;
- To deliver regular public engagement activities, including keeper talks as required about the animals on site to provide accurate, current and in-depth information relating to the breadth of conservation work of the Trust;
- Detailed daily record keeping, occasionally including research;
- Training of visiting students;
- Participation in wider zoo and conservation activities as required.
How to Apply
To apply for this position please visit our website:
Closing date for applications: Tuesday 24th November 2020.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this job!
Durrell Wildlife Conservation Trust
Conservation, Nature & Wildlife
24th November 2020 at 5:00pm