Social Media and Community Engagement Intern
Climates Network CIC London Ad expires in 4 weeks Fixed Term, Temporary Entry Level, Graduate, Mid Level Full Time, Part Time
This is an exciting opportunity for a creative and motivated person looking for experience in a grassroots environmental social network.
Climates is a social network for people who want to take action on climate change in their everyday lives. Our mission is to create a global community, motivated, active and inspired by each other, to generate real momentum in tackling climate change.
We are looking for an intern to help develop the Climates network as a lively and engaged community of ‘mates’ helping each other to do more while increasing Climates’ presence, activity and engagement across social media.
Climates is a start-up environmental social enterprise run by a small, energised team with large ambitions. This is a great opportunity to develop your skills in social media engagement, community and relationship building, writing and information management.
The role involves:
- Networking, facilitating, engaging and enlivening the Climates community
- Developing social media content, planning social media activity and scheduling activity across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Helping to develop the social media strategy
- Providing social media support to the Climatarian Week campaign
What’s in it for you?
- Playing a key role in grassroots environmental social network
- Learning about climate change mitigation and adaptation and sustainable food
- Developing your communications, information management and social media skills including using scheduling tools.
- Regular training and mentoring to develop your skills and experience
- Working in a small and friendly team
What we are looking for:
- An awareness of and interest in climate change
- A commitment to the aims and mission of Climates
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient ICT skills
- Proficiency in social media
- Good writing skills
- Good organisational skills
- The ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- The ability to work independently
- A flexible approach to tasks and problem solving
- A positive attitude.
For a full job description please email us below.
To apply, please send your CV with a covering letter by email.
CVs should be no more than two sides in length. Covering letters should be no more than one side.
Applications will be initially reviewed on 13th March and applications are welcome until the position is filled.
Starting April 2017.
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!