Flat Holm Project Flat Holm - an Island situated 5 miles off the coast of Cardiff Ad expires in 5 days Fixed Term Entry Level Part Time
This is an exceptional opportunity to work on a unique SSSI and local Nature Reserve, situated 5 miles off the coast of Cardiff.
We are looking for a committed volunteer to become part of a small, close-knit team and assist with all aspects of day to day management of the Island, with particular focus on practical work.
- Habitat management ( inc. vegetation management, coppicing, footpath maintenance, step construction, dry stone walling, livestock husbandry and tractor driving ).
- Building maintenance ( inc. painting, repairing fences and gates, rendering, and system checks ).
- Biological monitoring ( inc. bird, rock shore line, insect, slow worm, butterfly and plants ).
- Visitor guiding ( inc. tour guide, pub and shop keeper ).
All volunteers live and work on the island in basic accommodation and are required to make their own arrangements during the regular periods, when volunteers are off the island.
Food, a travel expense allowance and on the job training will be provided.
Previous trainee wardens have had great success in attaining paid employment within the environmental sector following their volunteering on Flat Holm.
- Good all round wildlife knowledge.
- Desire to pursue a career in conservation.
- Experience in using tools.
- Social media skills.
A minimum commitment of 4 – 6 months is required.
Applicants should be enthusiastic, possess strong social skills and be able to work in all weather conditions. They must also be prepared to attend an informal interview session which will be held on the Island and may include an overnight stay. Overseas applicants welcome.
Interview: May / June
Start date from: May / June
Marianne Bony email@example.com 07929 365077
Please mention ConservationJobs.co.uk when applying for this Job!